Haplopelma sp. "Selenocosmia hainana"

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Does anyone know who has Haplopelma sp. "Selenocosmia hainana" for sale?....if so are they the same price as a lividum?

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I believe Kelly Swift has both WC adults and CB babies. The adults will generally run you twice or sometimes three times as much as a Cobalt Blue depending on the seller.

And being captive bred or wild caught is also a determining factor in the price.

I purchased an adult from Brandon of Reptist and boy, has she turned into a beast with a nearly foot long burrow.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah, they are around here and there,just have to search,i have 2 adult females they are beasts! great choice of a spider:clap:

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Selenocosmia hainana?

I think they are just referred to as Haplopelma hainana by the general public.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Hi Thomas,
Thank you for correcting me. I had it backwards. :)

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Haplopelma hainanum

see:
VON WIRTH, V. & B. F. STRIFFLER (2005a): Neue Erkenntnisse zur Vogelspinnen - Unterfamilie Ornithoctoninae, mit Beschreibung von Ornithoctonus aureotibialis sp. n. und Haplopelma longipes sp. n. (Araneae, Theraphosidae). ARTHROPODA 13(2): 2-27

PDF (in german):
http://www.striffler.net/papers/von...octonus_aureotibialis&Haplopelma_longipes.pdf

Greez
Thomas
thats correct,this spider is very often sold as Haplopelma schmidti dcf or dark color variant

harveythefly

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i bought mine at a reptile show about a year ago from a place called G&G Rodent Farm...i paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $65 for her...money well spent too! right now she's my favorite spider...she stays in her burrow all day but comes out and walks circles around her enclosure hunting at night...and she eats A LOT:) ...she molted the day after i got her (not sure why i have this curse but all my spiders molt the day after i buy them) and now she's a huge 7" monster that doesn't hesitate to throw an impressive threat display...

i'm not sure if G&G has a website but it should be easy enough to google and find out:)

hope this helps

Harvey