Haplopelma sp. sealing itself in...

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
just curious does anyone of your guys Haplopelmas seal the theselves in their burrows, i figured mine was going into a molt but no no molting going on, just coverd up its entrace with silk?, could this be asign that its jut keeping humidy in its burrow, or maybe it just feels more secure? thoughts--Jeff

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Most T's that seal up their burrows, do it maybe a week or up to a month before their molt, it's going to most likely molt if it sealed it's burrow, My curly hair sling sealed it's burrow for about 3 weeks, and then molted. It should be fine. Just keep an eye on it. good luck, hope it's a molt! :)
Mike

jesses

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Weapon-X
just curious does anyone of your guys Haplopelmas seal the theselves in their burrows, i figured mine was going into a molt but no no molting going on, just coverd up its entrace with silk?, could this be asign that its jut keeping humidy in its burrow, or maybe it just feels more secure? thoughts--Jeff
My H. Lividum sealed herself in her cork-bark with web. When a cricket came by, she would spring out of her web, grab the cricket, and then go backwards, back into the web.

Kali

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my H.longidum(hope that's right) seals himself up everynight, then comes out to forage the next evening. the female doesn't do this, however.

Kristin:}