Haplopelma sp. "longipendum"

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This is the species still being sold in some places as Cyriopagopus paganus isn't it?
What is the most current (correct) name?

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by Lopez
This is the species still being sold in some places as Cyriopagopus paganus isn't it?
What is the most current (correct) name?
The current "correct name" is Haplopelma sp. "longipedum" as John has labeled this thread. This is from many posts that the taxonomist Volker Von Wirth (sorry if I misplaced a space there) has made about them. They are not yet 'officially' typed as a species, but he gives several keys towards identifying them in past threads.

John - Lovely picture, as always... keep em coming :)

Bill

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ah well, looks like I just bought one by accident (damn common-name confusion, I thought I was getting a C schiodtei/thorelli)

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by bodc21
i have one as well his name is Mr.nasty
You know when you give them names like that, they feel obligated to live up to them. I suggest you call yours something like "Fluffy" or "Sweetpea" instead, and soon he will be eating out of your hand ;)

Great picture, John! I thought for a while there I was going to get an eggsac from mine, but she decided to molt instead.

Joy

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
hey joy
at first his name was sunshine my ex named him but soon after i found out there was no sunshine but a nasty little thing so Mr. nasty fit very well :D

Tim R.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
These are pretty much secretive like the lividum right?

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
yea i havent seen mine in some time the lividum i have now i see more tho