Haplopelma sp Enclosure

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
Hi, someone here knows what the best tank size for haplopelma sp? i got a couple of haplos here with me, which is h. albo, lividum cf emerald green and minax, i just want to know what's the perfect size for their enclo as an adult? i dont want to waste space and i've read that they're not using all of the space when burrowing.

Thank you!

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
something you can fit 9" of substrate into, and still have a decent view. cage should be at least 3x legspan for length, and 2x for width.

obie

Arachnosquire
13f8b286-bd2f-4e9e-8672-c715e4d670b8_1.b3184a01be04b8e2e8adda386c9030ff.jpeg These save space and work well
20160930_092707.jpg I like the bugarium from zoomed there a good size for haplopelma.

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
A cheap as hell XXL KK, or a cheap as well, XXL plastic stuff enclosures one. Don't... no, never! Be a 'Scrooge' with substrate.

Fill that enclosure with 'dirt'. Add ventilation if needed (especially in the case of cheap plastic stuff).
Moist substrate. Offer a piece of cork bark (yeah they can thrive and dig without as well, but poor dastards, one moment).

Done :-s

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
thanks, so there's no specific size of tank for haplopelmas? i want to save as much as space as i can, i dont want them all cramp up in a small tank.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
thanks, so there's no specific size of tank for haplopelmas?
No... I mean, on my book everything that can suit more than 8 inches of substrate (I'm talking about juve/adult 0.1) is fine for those. The important thing is a lot of substrate inches. There isn't a limit, aside for the reasonable space/common sense part that enters.

Opt for something, therefore, taller enough (for substrate) and at least a good 35/40 cm larger.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I use cereal containers similar to the the one in the first pic Obie uploaded.. I love them because they are narrow and deep so you can keep many of them side by side and you don't use a ton of sub filling them up..