Haplopelma sp. "aureopilosum" mating.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Or lack thereof :rolleyes:

This guy was all talk and no action. She came out of her burrow, circled around a bit, then they sat like this for an hour.

I think his machinery may be getting old.

Bill

Attachments

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Yeah, tommorrow night, and the night after.. till he expires :)

Bill

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Just leave him in with her with somewhere to run to Bill. If she eats him, she eats him.... Maybe he doesn't like voyeurs hanging over him while he performs.... ;P

Scott

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry to lowern the intelligence level, but that picture reminds me of 'The Simpsons" episode where they have the disco and the girls are scared to dance with the boys (it's the one where they collect grease and there's that new girl at school etc etc)

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by mrderanged
Just leave him in with her with somewhere to run to Bill. If she eats him, she eats him.... Maybe he doesn't like voyeurs hanging over him while he performs.... ;P

Scott
Okeedoke. Done. Will keep you updated.

Bill

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Are you sure that the female is an "aureopilosum"? B/C to me, it kind of looks like "longipendum".

Maybe it is just the picture, but your female looks dark brown. Whereas every pic. of "aureopilosum" that I've seen is black/dark gold.

Jon

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
Are you sure that the female is an "aureopilosum"? B/C to me, it kind of looks like "longipendum".

Maybe it is just the picture, but your female looks dark brown. Whereas every pic. of "aureopilosum" that I've seen is black/dark gold.

Jon
Yes, I'm pretty darn sure she's an aureopilosum.. She's just getting a bit dull, is all. She has the fringed orange legs, and everything.. it's just getting hard to see.

Besides, if she isn't the right species, well.. we might have hybrids coming :p Last night my girlfriend woke me up to tell me they were finally getting it on. I went and saw them going at it for a while, I'm not sure if he got any hook-ups or not though.

This morning he's on the roof of the enclosure, and she's back in her burrow.

Bill

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Well, managed to get a picture this time. With these two cohabitating, they seem to like to go at it at about 5 in the morning. The rest of the day they avoid each other like the plague. Your boy is all foreplay Scott. I watched them for about a half hour, and all I really saw was them wrestling. She was pretty patient and assumed the position for quite a long time, but he seemed to have trouble hooking her. I'm not even sure if his little tibial spurs can fit around her fangs, for that matter.

And Jon, just to clarify.. you should be able to see her orange fringed legs in this picture.

Bill

Attachments