Haplopelma minax tips?

joseoro11

Arachnopeon
Hey guys!
I was wondering if anyone can provide some experienced tips about these guys and things I should look out for. I feel as if this species is quite over looked due to its plain coloration, short life, and its fossorial behavior. But I absolutely love it's color the most Thanks!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
The only tips I can give to you in all honesty are just the classic tips for the other 'Haplos' and Asian burrowers.

Lots of (moist) inches of substrate, good ventilation (important, IMO), a piece of cork bark (why don't?) and a water dish. Done.

A bit badass during rehouse/s etc but that's normal. I love 'Haplos' :)

joseoro11

Arachnopeon
The only tips I can give to you in all honesty are just the classic tips for the other 'Haplos' and Asian burrowers.

Lots of (moist) inches of substrate, good ventilation (important, IMO), a piece of cork bark (why don't?) and a water dish. Done.

A bit badass during rehouse/s etc but that's normal. I love 'Haplos' :)
Wish me luck placing him in his new enclosure:arghh:

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
They live shorter than most tarantulas (Ex. Brachypelma, Grammastola) so I've heard, correct me if I'm wrong.
Haplos generally run about ten to twelve years. While it's not Brachypelma/Grammastola/Pelinobus long, that's still a good length of time

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
Hey guys!
I was wondering if anyone can provide some experienced tips about these guys and things I should look out for. I feel as if this species is quite over looked due to its plain coloration, short life, and its fossorial behavior. But I absolutely love it's color the most Thanks!
I keep my little girl on about 8 inches of moist coco coir mixed with some topsoil. They like it humid. They build a funnel shaped burrow and you won't see it often. I keep all of my tarantulas around 72-75 farenheight and they seem to do fine. IMAG0118.jpg