Haplopelma longipes PhotoShoot.....typical behavior.

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, I thought I'd see how my Haplopelma longipes felt about a PhotoShoot.....and as I expected, she wasn't too happy about it.......so some other time perhaps.

(Got her as a trade from Warren Burke (wburke17) a while back)

I just captured her reaction when I asked her to pose for some pictures.......I won't repeat what she said.....as it was too vulgar to utter.....

I could have gotten her out, and done some real nice pictures.....but I just don't have the energy to deal with this monster tonight....
I'm much too tired, and I might slip up.

Anyway.....here's what she looked like when I opened up her enclosure. I hope you can't read fangs.....because what she yelled at me ain't pretty.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Oooh i love the Haplos! :lol:

Gorgeous spider :) I love the pictures of them in their houses/natural environments as opposed to on peoples hands or on paper/bits of wood etc... Very nice :D

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Oooh i love the Haplos! :lol:

Gorgeous spider :) I love the pictures of them in their houses/natural environments as opposed to on peoples hands or on paper/bits of wood etc... Very nice :D
thanks! She is truly a beauty.

I like any good picture, no matter what the spider is on.
However, for good specimen photos that focus ONLY on the spider's features, there's something about a white or solid-colored background that just really brings out some of the best features. Just my opinion. But I also love the natural-looking pics.

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
sure thats a Haplopelma longipes? ;)
actually, not 100%

I was doubtful when I first got her from wburke17......because of some photos I saw online that looked different. And IMO she looked more like a H. schmidti or a Haploplema sp. "Vietnam"

But I'm almost certain that she's a longipes.

What do you think?