Haplopelma Lividum

Mallard

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Today I brought home my first Haplopelma Lividum. She is eating and seems content in her new home. My concern is it appears she has to skinned knees.
On her front two left patellas. Is there any thing I can do to help the healing procees or should I just wait for her next molt?
Thanks Jason

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If they are not bleeding, she's fine, just wait until the molt and she'll be perfect. If she is bleeding then dump some substrate (if it's peat or bed O beast, not sand or bark or gravel) on the legs and the substrate will stick and act as a clotting agent and the bleeding will stop. Either way, nice purchase and congrats. You'll love her. Check out the difference mine made after a molt. Same marks all over your talking about.

Before

After

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wear marks are common on wild caught Ts. She will be good as new once she gets through her next molt. Take a picture I want to see!

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Out in the wild is just an all around tougher envirenment and what your seeing is normal wear and tear on a body that is due for a molt. Some of that might have been cause by stress from shipping and being place in temp houseing. Not until I got her, has she had a chance to build a home for herself where she was cozy. I don't see her much because of it but it's not about what I want. Look at the pics and you can see her at the top of a turret style mound of peat. That's her hide and it goes straight down for about 8 or 9 inches and then turn in and goes down the side across the bottom. I never see her but this is what they like and this will give her the best chance to stay pretty and healthy for a long, long time. Thanks for the complements.