• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Haplopelma lividum

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My 3 inch H.lividium had injured her leg. So I scooped her up in a cup and tried to add crazy glue to the wound. But I failed. she jumped up and bit my thumb so many times I could not count. It hurt so badly! My finger was extremely swollen . I was crying like a baby..don't laugh you would too. I took 2 benadryl and Tylenol and waited a while. I also ran really hot water over the wound to bring the venom out. It went away after an hour or so thank god!But it is still a little soar but not really noticeable. I did get that glue on her regardless of how painful..I did not want her to get infected.

Last edited:

senor ocho

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was bitten by this species twice in the same spot at-you guessed it-the same time. This was my first bite in 8 years of fooling with Ts. And my first(and second) had to be by this demon. Oh Lordy! Anyway, back when I was working as Shipping Manager/Head invert Caretaker for this store in SoCal, I was unpacking some imports. I was on my last H. lividum, a large and amped female. She wriggled free from the tongs, hopped onto my right hand made a threat display, and then ran up the length of my arm and onto my back. I took a deli cup and tried to capture her. As I caught her, she caught me. She hit me hard the first time and hung on, and then hit me again and hung on. My Iron Maiden T-shirt could not protect me. Eddie was beaten by a spider! An associate slid the lid underneath and she was removed. The pain was nothing serious, just soreness on my back. 30 mins later, my hands and feet began to go numb. I had that feeling for the rest of the night. The nest morning I had a bruise the size of a baseball on my back, but nothing more until that afternoon when my right calf felt like it was being ripped apart. I was down on the rug for 10 minutes of non-stop agony. These cramps persisted on and off for 12 days, and my right hand would cramp up as well. I didn't miss a day of work(how dumb is that?) and 3 years removed, I'm fine. I couldn't believe how much she juiced me! I'm not allergic to anything either.
So don't get bitten by H. lividum, as they take no prisoners!
Chris
www.krazy8sinvertebrates.com

xalbinox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
H. lividum bite

Last night my 4 1/2" H. lividum latched on to my right hand. I got a little too close while trying to get some pictures of her in the threat position. The bite didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would but about 2 hours later I got bad stomach cramps (felt like food poisoning) and my entire arm felt numb except a throbbing pain in my knuckles. I tried to sleep it off but I was up half the night with cramps, muscle aches, and cold sweats I finally got to sleep about 4 a.m. When I woke this morning I still had a slight stomach ache and my arm is useless it feels like I was bench pressing a P/U truck not to mention the splitting headache. I don't know what lasting effects the bite will have sience it just happened last night. I'm hoping the worst is over. I'll never again underestimate how fast this sp. is in 2 words grease lightning.

Attachments

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Haplopelma lividium

This was a while back (in 2002 I believe). I neglected to close the lid of her tank after feeding her one day, and she thought it necessary to crawl into bed with me that night as a way of saying 'thank you'. So, half asleep, I feel something on my side, and without thinking I reach for it with my left hand. She tagged me on the tip of my left middle finger. I must have jumped 3 feet vertical! It only took me a couple seconds to realize what had happened, but I wasn't sure at first which species it was. I ran to the bathroom where I saw two bleeding holes in my finger, and kept it in ice water for a minute or two to try and stop the pain (pain will be discussed in the next paragraph). I went back to my room to try and find the spider, and there she was, sitting right on the top of my sheets, staring me in the face. I caught her and put her away, and that was that.

The best way I can try to compare the pain I felt would be as if someone took a hot needle and was slowly trying to shove it through your finger. It was quite painful. As I mentioned earlier, this happened back in 2002ish, but I think the pain lasted at that degree for half an hour or so. My finger swelled about 50%, and went numb. The numbness traveled down to my wrist and stopped there.

The swelling, numbness, and pain were all much less by the end of the day, but I still had minor symptoms the next day. Two days after the bite, all symptoms were gone.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
On Friday, 6/20, I was rescuing a lividum. She was in death curl and had "peanut butt". (Her opsithoma was the size of a peanut.) I got her in a shallow water dish, but she landed on her back. I poked an prodded with long tweezers, but she wouldn't move. Of course, when i flipped her gently with my finger, she got the energy to bite me in the thumb. It appears from the holes that she got two bites in before letting go.

Having experience the hell of a P. murinus bite, I rushed home, took 800 mg of ibuprofen and iced it up waiting for the intense pain. It's now Monday, and the only effects I've had are from the fang wound. It is now quite apparent to me that Ts DO bite without invenomating.

I went back the next day to check on the lividum, and her opisthoma is now TWICE the size and she's feisty and healthy!!:D