Haplopelma lividum-need advice

tinacouch

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Was at a pet store recently and come across her. She is in a bad way. The poor thing had no water dish and a constant light source. Her legs were curled up underneath and she could not walk. I bought her anyway and brought her home. I immediately turned her over and put a few drops of water in her mouth. Which she responded to. An hour later I found her in her water bowl and she stayed there for over an hour. Is the anything else I can do for her. Is up walking around and has eat 1 small cricket. Thank you for the advice in advance.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nope, keep her in a smaller tank till she recovers some. Then move her to her big permant living tank and make sure there is enough substrate for her to burrow if she wants to. Offer a hide to, since she is so weak she might use the hide first till she is stronger then make a burrow. Good luck. Water and food two basic needs, give her those and hope for the best.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
you can give her prey with crushes heads - thus the crix/roaches won't put up so much of a fight.

drinking and eating sounds fine - with a bit of luck she's going to perk up. a dark, warm (but not hot) place is good for her now.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
it's a good thing you saved her:clap: i think she'll be fine,just alittle time.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
that's nice of you! hopefully she loses the normal H.Lividum temperment in exchange for you saving her life. haha

HaraKiri

Arachnopeon
This is a great thread, mainly because you most likely saved that T. Provide for the spider and it will survive, play mother for now.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Was at a pet store recently and come across her. She is in a bad way. The poor thing had no water dish and a constant light source. Her legs were curled up underneath and she could not walk. I bought her anyway and brought her home. I immediately turned her over and put a few drops of water in her mouth. Which she responded to. An hour later I found her in her water bowl and she stayed there for over an hour. Is the anything else I can do for her. Is up walking around and has eat 1 small cricket. Thank you for the advice in advance.
It seems like you saved her life, so good job, but now I would just give her water(which you already did) and put her in a dark corner and leave her undisturbed. She's probably gone through so much stress. Also, did you tell the petstore people what they were doing wrong, and that it is NEVER good to have a light source or a heat source directly ontop of the Ts enclosure. Educate them some, or you'll have to constantly by Ts to save them.

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
that was a very good decision, and like everybody say, keep the T with a water dish, enough ventilation and humidity & remember that is a burrower so when it be better change it to a suitable enclosure with at least 5" deep sustrate.

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ohhh and Novak is right, you should go with the trader and tell him how to keep T's in a good condition.

tinacouch

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks all. She seems to be alittle better,and yes the very first thing I did was to tell them what the were doing wrong. Hopefully they will listen so this won't happen again.