• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Haplopelma Hainanum

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It seems I have the honour of posting the first bite report for this species -_-

I ordered a 6-7" female specimen and she arrived just last night, stunningly beautiful T! And the chunkiness of the legs is amazing. I removed her from the packaging using a paintbrush and tweezers for the tissue but she was very limp the entire time, I was worried she might be sick or even dead. I dropped water in front of her and some drops on her front legs but she didn't respond.

Following this I STUPIDLY touched one of her back legs with my finger :bruised: she then sprang to life and whipped around striking, I'm very lucky that I pulled my hand away quick enough to avoid a serious bite however she did graze my hand with one of her fangs. I started feeling pain in my arm and had a few heart palpitations, my neck also felt very sore and stiff, however after about 30 minutes to an hour the symptoms went away and I thought it was all over. Unfortunately shortly afterwards I started puking and this has gone on until now, almost 24 hours later. I have nothing left to throw up but I am still getting puking reflexes.

Never get bitten by this species, I was lucky but I shudder to think how I would be right now if she'd given me a proper bite because I feel terrible and nauseous from a near miss

I touched her leg with the full knowledge of what this species venom can do, I got off extremely lucky, the mere fact I threw up for a day and had heart palpitations from a single fang graze shows just how powerful the venom is, this species demands respect.

Last edited:

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Update: My nausea ended at about 6pm last night, so just under 24 hours. I am still having digestive pains now but they are receding, all symptoms should be gone by morning, so all up about 36 hours