Haplopelma aureopilosum

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
does anybody own or have any helpful info on Haplopelma aureopilosum thanks-jason

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by bodc21
does anybody own or have any helpful info on Haplopelma aureopilosum thanks-jason
I have one. It is an obligate burrowing species, so if you keep it right, you will rarely ever see it. That's really too bad, as they are gorgeous spiders.

They are supposed to have a very painful and possibly hazerdous bite. So don't get bit.

They are incredibly fast. You should probably use the bathtub method of terrarium maintainence. Just do a search of bathtub if you aren't familiar with this.

Theyre really aren't any caresheets specific to this speices, but I think that you would be fine following a caresheet for any other Haplopelma species. There are plenty on lividum.

Jon

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
thanks,im not familiar with the bathtub maintenence please explain as i cant find anything on it-jason

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Do all of your rehousing/cleaning in the bathtub. That way, if your t makes a break for it, it won't be able to get that far. Make sure that you close up the drain and cover any other small holes that the t could escape into. Also, if your t is running, don't worry, and wait until he stops raining before trying to catch him. I made the mistake of trying to catch a P. cambridgi with a large vial when it was still running. I caught a couple of its legs in the process. A few days later, the t was dead.

Jon

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
thank you guys now where can i get some of those containers?