Haplopelma Albostriatum

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
do any of you fellow enthusiasts have any experiences with these? would you recomend them?

i ask because i recieved an email today with someone offering me a 3" legspan for £35 (around $80), and i currently have the Minax and Lividum, so im familar with the behaviour and attitudes to expect from this genus..

at the minute my gut feeling is to NOT get one, as im pretty poor and would rather aim to get multiple species for that amount, especially as at that size theres the ambiguity of what gender it is... for all i know they may of just found out its a male so selling as juvenile, or on the plus side (for me) not aware its a female... alternatively they may honestly not know which..

please, any comments are most welcome :)

thanks!

oh another bonus to it is that ive always wanted A.seemanni, and my mother has shown interest into them, seeing as i doubt she can tell the difference between these two species , im sure she'd pay some to it ;)

Last edited:

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have H. albostriatum, it is a typical burrower as with minax and lividum, pretty much the same temperament too. I'm not sure about that price though, I got mine as a 1" and paid $20, so $80 seems kind of steep to me. You said your mom has shown interest in a seemanni, if you handle your spiders she would find the difference quickly!! Good luck!!

Andy

tikbalang

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
it has a unique personality, not as psychotic as h.lividum.

Doug H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They are incredibly beutiful, but 80 bucks is still to high for a known female.Not to mention a unknown sexed one.I would pass

LV-426

Arachnobaron
he man, did you notice that the last post on this thread was 7 years ago?