Hapalopus sp Columbia large max size?

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
What is the max size of the Hapalopus sp columbia large? I have two unsexed juveniles. growing very fast but still unable to determine sex. they are both 2 inch dls.

After months, one finally dug a burrow, The other one is still out most of the time, webbing like crazy. I read somewhere that males tend to be smaller than females of this species?
20161123_163500.jpg

This one has a really big premolt butt :p

Last edited:

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
Ive read somewhere on AB that males hook out at 2"?
Well yeah males are generally smaller.. Max size means the biggest female recorded or something :D But yeah, I would say that the smaller the species, the bigger difference in size between M and F would be... Just look at black widows :D :D

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
Well both are 2"+ now so I hope they are both are female.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
But yeah, I would say that the smaller the species, the bigger difference in size between M and F would be... Just look at black widows :D :D
No joke. My E. truculentus pair looks like two different species. He's hardly larger than her carapace.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
I have MM H. sp Columbia that are just shy of 3" and I understand adult females can reach 4". The size of the MM seems to vary greatly within a species ie: my T. ockerti male just matured and his molt measured 5.5" so I'm sure he is almost 6" where most that I have seen/read are 3.5-4.5"

cold blood

Staff member
Ive read somewhere on AB that males hook out at 2"?
I have MM H. sp Columbia that are just shy of 3" and I understand adult females can reach 4". The size of the MM seems to vary greatly within a species ie: my T. ockerti male just matured and his molt measured 5.5" so I'm sure he is almost 6" where most that I have seen/read are 3.5-4.5"
Exactly...the size of all MMs is greatly variable, some individuals mature really small, others really big. I've had versicolor mature anywhere from 3-5", P. cams anywhere from 4-6.5", A. ezendami from 1.5" to nearly 4", etc., etc.

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
I got a good look at one of mine. bit hard to see, but it looks female to me.

20161126_203643.jpg