• Hapalopus sp. Colombia large

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Hapalopus sp. Colombia small

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's possible...I don't know enough about the differences between the two to tell you for sure. The vial it came in was labeled H. sp Columbia small, but breeders are human too...maybe they mislabeled it.
Only large are connected, if I recall correctly. I compared it with one of my smalls, and you can tell. There's an old thread in here which has great images of the differences. The images were sourced from Joe Rossi, but posted by Catfish (a true T breeder, esp of OWs, he was a real resource here)

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Great pic, what did you use to shoot?
Thanks for the kind words.

Nikon D850 on a tripod w/ ball head
60mm f2.8D macro lens + 20mm and 12mm extension tubes attached
Paul C. Buff studio strobe w/ 48" Octabox

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Only large are connected, if I recall correctly. I compared it with one of my smalls, and you can tell. There's an old thread in here which has great images of the differences. The images were sourced from Joe Rossi, but posted by Catfish (a true T breeder, esp of OWs, he was a real resource here)
So, does that mean that I have a large that was mislabelled as a small?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So, does that mean that I have a large that was mislabelled as a small?

Great gear. the 850 is incredible. I was curious about the macro setup. I haven't committed to one yet, still searching.

Yep, the large is connected. The small is not.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Thank you so much for all of you for your inputs, insights, informations to help me out.

I decided to get both of them (I finally found the place selling both small & large, and with great prices as well), and I placed the order.

I am so excited!

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Below are the ones I purchased, but to my eyes they both look same with their patterns. Correct me if I am wrong. With my guess, they both look as ‘large’ ones.

• Both

8DF727AF-84C1-42CD-89F2-7FCB85DF4765.jpeg

• One labeled as small

5E9B7522-75B2-449B-A30B-8E51817D09AE.jpeg

• One labeled as large

A91E31E5-26C8-4C8D-B3E9-078270D45A69.jpeg

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
Too small to do that. :angelic: They’re 1/4”.
Not at all.....a clear vile with no substrate in it can give you a glimpse of their belly :)

Would appear the vile they are in, since you took the picture in it, may be clear enough to see and look underneath, but with out substrate of course.

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
Not at all.....a clear vile with no substrate in it can give you a glimpse of their belly :)

Would appear the vile they are in, since you took the picture in it, may be clear enough to see and look underneath, but with out substrate of course.
Example: here is around 1/4 and even on my old phone (seems to be with cell phones updating so often) I get enough of a view to see the pattern are not clear seperated circles like on H. small.

You dont even need to post a pic of course, but can use for your own knowledge. If even less then 1/4 and still difficult to deal with or get a clear pic wait a molt or two and try again

Hope this helps,

Joe

Attachments

Last edited: