Handling pictures

Zorack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
congratz on the handle, i dont mean to be a moan but....

What if the T was to dart off your hand, it would plumit to the floor, u should of help it over a chair or something

jesses

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Zorack said:
congratz on the handle, i dont mean to be a moan but....

What if the T was to dart off your hand, it would plumit to the floor, u should of help it over a chair or something
Its called knowing your Tarantula. Please don't give me unsolicited advise, I'm an arachnobaron.

Zorack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well, u should know not to hold it so high then shouldent u?

H-D

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You're both arachnobarons :D I too would have nothing to worry about with regards to my chaco or my emilia (I still sit down though)...my new avic is another story. Always sit down with that one, seems to think my hand is a bungee jump platform. Real nice T's btw, can't w8 for my emilia to get that big.

EDIT: Beat me to it Runaway987 :wall:

Last edited:

Runaway987

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My ornata may as well have a little red cape with an "S" written on it for all the time she spends sitting calmly on my hand, they are wild animals and i wouldnt hold any tarantula higher than a few inches above a softish surface.

The top picture looks like the spiders about to go anyway, id hate myself for ages if i popped a spider. His spider do can eat it for all he wants however there was no need to be so arrogant thats all.

Runaway

Sandra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Posting on these boards is practically an invite for (sometimes unsolicited) advice! Don't take it so hard if someone offers a comment that could be helpful to anyone reading along!

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Ok arachnoboards, if anyone else has anything completely stupid and worthless to say, now is your chance...
Ok:
Continue what you are doing! Nothing is EVER going to happen, not even by remote chance!

;)

But really - What you know, you know! Until you know you didn't know, so until then you won't know! :rolleyes:

Elizabeth

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Maybe lighten up a little. People can offer opinions.

I was there, and the Ts were quite calm, so I didn't even think about the height issue at the time of the photos, but I could see where someone looking at the pictures might see risk there.

Post-count titles are about quantity of post, not quality. Of course, being around for so many posts, one hopefully has learned quite a bit.

You misspelled a word of your own. :}

How are you going to enjoy posting pictures if you take offense at comments that are not really very offensive?

Well, I hope you will post more and not get upset if people point out this or that. :)

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
handling

First off...nice T's that you have there. I have a little emilia about 2.5". I cant wait for it to be that big.

Second...all those that are making any comments......

I think that he is aware of his actions and if something were to happen a lesson would be learned. Most of mine have been okay to handle because I frequently handle most of them. There are however ones like my H. maculata that I refuse due to the speed of the darn thing.

If he chooses to handle and drop one.....it is his pets and he is responsible for his actions. All you have to do is say nice T's then move on....too many critics in the world today and not enough time for them to use it without complaining.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
jesses said:
Its called knowing your Tarantula.
Yes, you can know your tarantula. However, tarantulas are wild animals that are unpredictable, no matter how well you think you know them.

I posted in December about a guy who held a tarantula when I asked him not to. He said that he'd held it lots of time with no problems, but this time it jumped out of his hands and hit the floor. Ruptured abdomen. Dead spider.

People aren't trying to be rude to you or insult you. They are merely commenting on the fact that we know tarantulas that suddenly are spooked or decide to run/jump can be fatally injured by a fall. If you are an average sized adult human (which I'm assuming you are), then a fall from your hand can fatally harm your pet. None of us want that to happen.

Yes, very nice pics. If you come to a board where people are very passionate about their hobby, then you should expect some comments when you post a picture of yourself doing something that is considered risky. They are just trying to help.

Elizabeth

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think the height risk is a good point to bring up.

However, Jesse was very cautious and slow with the tarantulas. The tarantulas were very calm. He had his eye on them right up until the click of the camera. Sure, he took a risk, but considering the actual handling at the time of the photos, it was minimal risk, I believe.

wayneo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
jesses said:
Its called knowing your Tarantula. Please don't give me unsolicited advise, I'm an arachnobaron.
What does that mean "Don't give me unsolicited advice I am an arachnobaron" does that make you all knowing :confused: ? If you post pics you should expect criticism.

Wayne H

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
jesses said:
Please don't give me unsolicited advise, I'm an arachnobaron.
sorry dude but that one of the corniest things ive ever heard in my life..your an ARACHNOBARON why does that even matter.

anyway nice pics a risk yes but if your willing to take the risk then go ahead its your T.

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I agree with Wayne....if you didn't want criticism, you shouldn't have posted the pics in the first place. Your post count says nothing about how much knowledge you have. Is it really necessary to hold a spider that high off the ground just for a pic? You'd feel differently if that emilia died from a fall.

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Humm an open invite to post something moronic ok how can I refuse, all these ppl making a big fuss about the spiders falling i think they doth protest to much :embarrassed: Iv never heard of a spider being killed by falling.. hitting the floor yes but not the falling bit :razz:.

The Juice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have nothing to add about the way he handles "HIS" tarantulas, But I will say thats a Nice looking B.Emilia............ Makes me want one.

brachypelman

Arachnopeon
Tarantulas can die by falling from this height.

But my problem here isn't the height, but the subject of the thread itself.
Arachnoboards is a place where beginners can learn much from advised people who are there, and this is not an example to be followed.
I think that we must handle our spiders by need, and not to appear cool.