handling agressive T's

Alicemolted

Arachnopeon
How come i always see pics of people handling really venomous T's here and on youtube? especially usambara baboon's... they're a no no handling spider! what if you get bitten? how can people trust these tarantula's when clearly they don't want to be messed with?

x x x:confused:

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well girl, that people has much experience doing that, and if they would get a bite that wouldn't be a great deal, yeah is painful but not dangerous. I have a P. murinus, h. lividum and C. crawshayi and sometimes I handle them, taking care of course, it is not really danger, but if I see them aggressive or nervous I don't touch them. :embarrassed:

FRAZE01

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
All T's are venomous and some people like to push their luck.

Last edited:

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
but.. I would recommend don't handle T's, do it only to rehousing or in a good moment, they are wild and unpredictable animals. Indeed you could stress them, leave them doing their thing and only watch them..

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
All T's are venomous and some people like to puh their luck.
Yea, is true, but their venom can't kill a man, their venom is only to permit them feeding, it's almost like the bee's sting, although the effect depend mainly by the immunologic system of each one of us.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Yes, I do it, I handle all my T's. Thats what some of the pics are in my profile and photo thread..

But, I know what I'm doing. I put no risk to the spider in question, and I've never been bitten (while handling).

-Sean

Alicemolted

Arachnopeon
but how do you know that its not going to strike? and their instinct is to go upwards.. what if it goes towards your face? i don't know... i saw about 2 vids of the usambara being poked or touched and it easily ran out of its enclosure fast as lightening! i'd s*** bricks if i saw that lol

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I handle my "aggressive" spiders as well. This should only be done under supervision of another person since you are not accustomed to it. Once you get more used to it, then you can do it alone.

Note: All spiders are venemous and should not be handled by immature people.

Here's the way you do it though, take the T out of it's residing enclosure by putting it in a small container. The chances of them biting and being aggressive goes down dramatically once removed from their enviornment. Once that's done, open the container it's in and plop into onto your hand gently. That's the way I do it and always have.

Alicemolted

Arachnopeon
i know they aren't all bad... it's just amazing how they know not to bite the surface they are on even though it could be your hand and knows it's moving underneath them but will strike something moving in front of it.

i don't have any agressive one's but my mate does and he went to a shop to move his indian ornamental into another enclosure and the guy in the show caught it and put it in.. im just amazed people have the courage to do it.

i'm sticking to my chileans haha, well done to poeple who are more daring though x x x

KaineSoulblade

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Note: All spiders are venemous and should not be handled by immature people.
Except hackled orb weavers! Terribly sorry about that, I coudn't help myself.

I handle all of my T's frequently, and have handled several wild caught T's on my journies. A little animal empathy helps. Watch thier body language and disposition. That is how you know when they are in a bad mood. I have yet to be bitten even playing with wild ones. I also let them have some solitude if they wake up on the wrong side of the burrow on particular days.

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I handle all of my T's frequently, and have handled several wild caught T's on my journies. A little animal empathy helps. Watch thier body language and disposition. That is how you know when they are in a bad mood. I have yet to be bitten even playing with wild ones. I also let them have some solitude if they wake up on the wrong side of the burrow on particular days.
I think that animals that are handled regulary are calmer than those that are once in awhile, but I wouldn't try my luck myself!!! I did and my rule of thumb was to let the animal decide. If it keeps walking away, ciao!

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i personally dont think they should be handled. they dont like it. it stresses them alot and they can and will bite sometimes.
not trying to put people down for it, i just dont see the point myself. if bitten, it can be worse than a bee sting. it depends on the person, how much venom is pumped into you and where your bitten. i can honestly say i dont want my obt anywhere near my face and as quick as they are your just kidding yourself if you think you can control it.
but you know ive seen people kiss cobras on the head to but i wouldnt do it.

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well sooner or later these people that hold deadly tarantulas will get a hand full of poisin from the taranulas stinger.

The Shadow

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
[]Kaliningrad[];894900 said:
Well sooner or later these people that hold deadly tarantulas will get a hand full of poisin from the taranulas stinger.
...Indeed they kill crickets.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
He forgot to mention that he's making a joke here ;)
(You should know better, Palau, some people will take this serious, and that would be a shame.) ;)

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
LOL!!!!

HAHAHAHAH.....good thing I already know you wouldn't actually mean something like that.......LOLOLOLOL