Handling a Death Stalker

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Better to ventilate the brain than to act out a complex in such a dangerous and stupid way ...
Do you want a Darwin Award or what's the nonsense?

Bob bobo

Arachnopeon
Congrats on putting the hobby in danger for vanity. If you weren't holding them for social media you wouldn't have posted it here. Hope you keep your word and don't do it again.

Just takes one sting going viral to potentially get legislators breathing down our necks.
Was never a regular thing. Now that my friend has passed they'll never be held again. I don't sell them and noone i work with interacts with them for any reason.

Sterls

Arachnobaron
Was never a regular thing. Now that my friend has passed they'll never be held again. I don't sell them and noone i work with interacts with them for any reason.
Whatever dude, don't care if it was only once. It's beyond stupid - which you seem to know, and makes your post all the more confusing. Whether you say "don't try this at home" or not, it's encouraging others to do it.

Don't know what your friend passing away has to do with it, unless he died after being stung.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah my LQ would trip over itself to make an epic threat posture if I so much as looked at it.

Handling one is irresponsible, to put it charitably, especially with the exotics hobby under siege on all fronts.

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
I have not been in the hobby long but have been studying an working on protecting my care an building a collection. If you get stung, people will spread this stuff around and things will get banned. If this were to happen, you would take away the hobby for older and new keepers. Please stay on the cautious side and don’t do anything especially now that states and cities all over are starting to ban. I know this is an old thread that got restarted but it still applies.

Bob bobo

Arachnopeon
Whatever dude, don't care if it was only once. It's beyond stupid - which you seem to know, and makes your post all the more confusing. Whether you say "don't try this at home" or not, it's encouraging others to do it.

Don't know what your friend passing away has to do with it, unless he died after being stung.
This original post was from months ago. Haven't held them since and I don't let let anyone near them. Continuing to tell me how awful something I don't do anymore is a waste of both of our time.

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
I love peppers 😁 definitely don't handle hots often... held a few species with a very good friend who has passed since. Haven't handled since but glad to have experienced that with him.
I am seriously addicted to hot peppers. Stick with them instead of handling hots my friend, better for you :cool: And seriously, if you have not tried a reaper yet, you simply must. But start small - it does take some repeated exposure to be able to handle just biting into one and going to town. They kick like no other, and yet still have a lovely fruity under tone to the taste - it isn't just heat. If you aren't up for the full experience, get a single reaper, put on gloves, slice it up into long thin bits and slip them into a normal bottle of hot sauce. Let them soak in there and they will add a lot of extra kick without making you think you will never be able to use your lips again :rofl:

Bob bobo

Arachnopeon
I am seriously addicted to hot peppers. Stick with them instead of handling hots my friend, better for you :cool: And seriously, if you have not tried a reaper yet, you simply must. But start small - it does take some repeated exposure to be able to handle just biting into one and going to town. They kick like no other, and yet still have a lovely fruity under tone to the taste - it isn't just heat. If you aren't up for the full experience, get a single reaper, put on gloves, slice it up into long thin bits and slip them into a normal bottle of hot sauce. Let them soak in there and they will add a lot of extra kick without making you think you will never be able to use your lips again :rofl:
I ate a habanero by itself. Didn't hurt until lunch break the next day...

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
I ate a habanero by itself. Didn't hurt until lunch break the next day...
OMG dude, I nearly spit on my monitor I laughed so hard reading that... thank you, I'm still sitting here grinning as I write this reply.