Handering ur baby?

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
ok hows the best way to get ur T out of its tank? im kinda arachnaphobic but i just had the guts to try and i didnt get scared but i still couldnt get her out she just went into the corner and i was afraid i was annoying her and didnt want to annoy her :)

so any tips on getting out out T.s? without causing them too much stress or annoyance

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I lay my hand flat or at a slight incline and invite them up.
Once in a while they need a soft nudge on the rear to get them moving. But I never force our T's up.
Keep inviting so she gets used to seeing your hand.
One day she should climb right up. Just be gentle and slow and make sure you do it in a low area. I always sit on the floor on a blanket and keep my hands low. So if they fall they won;t get hurt.
Even a short fall can hurt or kill them.

Just remain calm and content and if she darts or shows fangs Do Not Panic. That would only make the matter worse and get her hurt.

Just keep all your movements smooth and gentle and slow.

And most important know the personality of your T. And what to expect.

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Nixy
I lay my hand flat or at a slight incline and invite them up.
Once in a while they need a soft nudge on the rear to get them moving. But I never force our T's up.
Keep inviting so she gets used to seeing your hand.
One day she should climb right up. Just be gentle and slow and make sure you do it in a low area. I always sit on the floor on a blanket and keep my hands low. So if they fall they won;t get hurt.
Even a short fall can hurt or kill them.

Just remain calm and content and if she darts or shows fangs Do Not Panic. That would only make the matter worse and get her hurt.

Just keep all your movements smooth and gentle and slow.

And most important know the personality of your T. And what to expect.
ok thanks well shes a touch cookie i already seen her fall twice >_< she has to cover every icnh of her tank and i mean every inch even the top >_< luckily she doesnt seem and hasnt done it today think she learnt her lessen :)

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If she does that alot I'd raise the substrat some to reduce her fall distance.
Just to keep her safe.
Even if you "bowl" it.

I added more substrat to our rosies tanks. I sloped it up the sides and back so it's a soft incline and left it a bit lower in front for viewing. They can explore to the tops of their tanks now within four inches and keep they're feet on the substrat.
Except the front. But now that they have the slope room they don't bother exploring the front anymore.

It just made me feel better about a possable fall.

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If she does that alot I'd raise the substrat some to reduce her fall distance.
Just to keep her safe.
Even if you "bowl" it.

I added more substrat to our rosies tanks. I sloped it up the sides and back so it's a soft incline and left it a bit lower in front for viewing. They can explore to the tops of their tanks now within four inches and keep they're feet on the substrat.
Except the front. But now that they have the slope room they don't bother exploring the front anymore.

It just made me feel better about a possable fall.
hmmm well if i see her doing it again ill make the bowl think even tho she started to do it herself lol . she only seems to do it when shes in 1 of her "moods" where she justs wanders around for an hour all over the tank non stop lol

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is how a handling session usualy ends up in my house.....

=D

Attachments

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
lol my sisters rosea always did that my sister even used to put her rosea in her mouth and close it then she would open her mouth and all u would see r these legs appear from her mouth then she would come out lol was amazing to watch....

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL.
I bet the Rosie was thrilled about that....

I don't know if I would ever put a T in my mouth.

I like to flap my tongue to much to have it put out of comission for a while from a T's bite.

=D

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
LOL.
I bet the Rosie was thrilled about that....

I don't know if I would ever put a T in my mouth.

I like to flap my tongue to much to have it put out of comission for a while from a T's bite.

=D
nah "rosie" was tame as hell even tho she HATED me with a passion i couldnt even change her water without her leaping ofr me lol i would only handle her when she was out :mad:

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Grael
lol my sisters rosea always did that my sister even used to put her rosea in her mouth and close it then she would open her mouth and all u would see r these legs appear from her mouth then she would come out lol was amazing to watch....
Ewww, gross!! For the rosea I mean ... :D

Dennis

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Grael
nah "rosie" was tame as hell even tho she HATED me with a passion i couldnt even change her water without her leaping ofr me lol i would only handle her when she was out :mad:
LOL.

I'm territorial as well.
So I know how she felt.

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
LOL.

I'm territorial as well.
So I know how she felt.
no my best friend who is a girl would let her get her out and my sister but me or my other best friend who is a guy she would leap for she is a total feminist lol

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
haha! nice place to hold it.. you do it often?

if your going to hold it grael, dont wear loose fitting clothes, most people kinda panic when they go up their sleeves... haha

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Try a q-tip....... Or your finger..........Dont get bit, or get hairs in your face ;P

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by hampton
Try a q-tip....... Or your finger..........Dont get bit, or get hairs in your face ;P
wtf is a q tip lol?