Hamorii sling sluggish after molt

akastudio823

Arachnopeon
Hi, I wanna ask if is it normal for slings to be sluggish after molt(molted 2 days ago), I observed that my 5 months old Hamorii sling(that I've been recently power feeding) is inactive and isn't moving that much, is my sling ok?
IMG20220704092745.jpg

Last edited:

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Say, after hours, and hours of physical, and mental endurance which could lead to fatal injury, if not death, would you rather not stay still, and take a good rest?

Your tarantula is doing the very same thing. It needs to rest.

akastudio823

Arachnopeon
Say, after hours, and hours of physical, and mental endurance which could lead to fatal injury, if not death, would you rather not stay still, and take a good rest?

Your tarantula is doing the very same thing. It needs to rest.
Thank you for the response, actually this is my first sling and I'm just new to the hobby thanks btw

AlbaArachnids92

Arachnoknight
I've watched a few of mine do exactly this for days at a time after moulting, just regaining some energy and will be back ot normal soon :)

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
Welcome to the hobby! I know it can be really stressful starting out, when you don't know what to expect or what's concerning. This behavior is totally normal though! They're doing "post-molt yoga". Check out this thread, pretty much every T does this after molting!

Phobic1

Arachnopeon
Quite normal. Sometimes I slide a water bowl right up in front of them. Most often they will take a little water. If you have been "power feeding" it then it will be fine without food or disruption for several weeks. Wait at least 10 days and then feed it something small.