Hamburg 'b banning certain tarantulas.

Kazaam

Arachnobaron
http://www.bild.de/regional/hamburg/reptilien/diese-exoten-sind-zu-gefaehrlich-33052036.bild.html

Starting next week there's going to be a ban on the following species of tarantula: Atrax sp, Hadronyche sp, Macrothele sp, Harpactirella (I had to edit this because they misspelled it) sp, Poecilotheria sp, Pterinochilus sp, Selenocosmia sp, Stromatopelma sp, Latrodectus sp, Loxosceles sp, Phoneutria sp and Sicarius sp in Hamburg unless you can prove that you're able to take care of them.
The list also includes several species of scorpion.

Opinions?

Also, could a German speaker translate this for the people that aren't able to read it.

Last edited:

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
top caption:

This exotics are too dangerous for home

Their bite kills. And obviously thousands of hamburgers hold quietly poison poison snakes, or even tillers exotics like alligators or Würgeschlangen.Aber there should be breaking up soon. PICTURE is a prohibition list of dangerous*animals*that the SPD senate will drain on Tuesday – starting from next week law on that list are 92 animal species, including several scorpions, apply Taranteln tarantulas, lizards, tank, crocodiles (to be at least two meters long to be able to,) like boas anacondas, monitor lizards, banging rattling, vipers, Kobras by wolves and Pumas.

They all can not be kept in the future in principle anymore. Health expert SPD Martin Schäfer (61): “Exotics ones dangerous in the wrong hands look again and again for endangerments of the public. It is so a good thing we got a custom-made instrument to prevent dangers. “So the rule specifically also plans that people who became criminal may think dangerous animals in any case. There are exceptions to the future only for people who can prove that they have the necessary expertise, and over the necessary species-appropriate place for saving me. Both have to prove to the district authorities. Either of those who have been such an animal with him in the apartment. Who holds a dangerous animal, without a permit for what it can be expensive: Fine until 50,000 euros! And what does*the pound? “We fear a big attack! And move, all our capacity Manfred Graff” (64) would blow - up suddenly says, choking 20 snakes, 1.The chairman Tierschutzvereins.UND hamburgers, this IS the LIST: Dangerous animals § according to paragraph 1 1 the hamburger the danger of animal law:

Kazaam

Arachnobaron
Meanwhile millions of people are bitten by dogs and cats each year with a pretty decent number of fatalities, they're also a known pest species that is responsible for the death of billions of animals each year, spread diseases and parasites and damage property.

Ofcourse these are not put in the dangerous exotic animal list because they're adorable.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Meanwhile millions of people are bitten by dogs and cats each year with a pretty decent number of fatalities, they're also a known pest species that is responsible for the death of billions of animals each year, spread diseases and parasites and damage property.

Ofcourse these are not put in the dangerous exotic animal list because they're adorable.
agreed especially those little toy dogs very vicious, and the owners think its cute.

Kazaam

Arachnobaron
agreed especially those little toy dogs very vicious, and the owners think its cute.
'It's just playing' - owner of some genetic abomination that was tearing a bird nest filled with fledglings apart.

Emotionlessness

Arachnosquire
Seems completely ridiculous to me... however it says unless they can prove they can take care of them, how would they go about that? It seems like it can be a good way that the animals will be kept by caring and knowledgable hands rather than people who don't know how to properly care for them and people who impulse buy.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Kazaam;2217189 unless you can prove that you're able to take care of them. [/QUOTE said:
How do you prove that you can take care of them?

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's not yet specified (the bill empowers the Hamburg Senate to set the exact rules later), but the law says you would have to prove your knowledge about the animal and how to care for it, and also prove that you have proper and sufficiently safe enclosures. The "exception application" is made through the department of health in other German states that have similar laws, so I assume that's how it will work in Hamburg.

Kazaam

Arachnobaron
They didn't mention that but I'm having the idea that you'll be tested by people that the government deems as 'experts', these people usually have no idea what they're doing or OCD.

Kazaam

Arachnobaron
No, and that's surely not the end of the misguidedness, Big Government is the bluntest of tools.
I don't think the government is directly responsible for making this list, I'm having the idea that the list itself is made by some uneducated house wifes.

Kazaam

Arachnobaron
explain how they deducted that tarantula bites are fatal?? what rubbish.
They didn't, they're simply claiming it to get media attention and the support from the weak-minded and uneducated.

Duh.

Last edited:

telepatella

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't think the government is directly responsible for making this list, I'm having the idea that the list itself is made by some uneducated house wifes.
Governments make laws.

And like Frankenstein's monster, what comes to life is not necessarily what is expected.

It's not the uneducated population's ideas that you need to worry about, it's the overeducated.

Last edited: