Halo is destructive

Madmomgamer

Arachnopeon
I haven't had Halo for even a month yet and she is very destructive...or redecorating either works. Second night she pulled the fake plant out and placed it on the other side of her cage. This morning I found her burrow/burrowed half log entrance completely filled in along with her water dish flipped over. I think its hilarious I need to put a camera on her at night since she gets up to so much at night and makes very drastic changes. Thought it was funny and rather cool. Anybody else have stories like this? Also if you didn't know Halo is A. Chalcodes who apparently is either redecorating or saying <edit> this, <edit> that while she's moving stuff Lol. Ideas for her water dish so she doesn't bury it again?

P.s. Teenagers have such wild moodswings Lol!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Madmomgamer

Arachnopeon
My boehmei drags her plant around with her too :shifty:
Halos grounded from her plant. She just throws it everywhere LOL. Naughty girl just thinks she can mess up her habitat only for me to clean it up and the worst part is she knows Ill clean it literal sits on the other side of her enclosure to do the standard kid "don't worry I won't get in your way. Ill just grab some cricket legs and watch."

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Yeah... My G. pulchripes:

- Tore up the fake plant in it's enclosure.
- Dug a U-shaped tunnel at the front which it never uses.
- Filled the water dish countless times.
- Tried to dig up the water dish (and when it realised I'd caught it in the act it just stood there and looked at me as if to say "Yeah? And what?".

I've failed as a parent.

Madmomgamer

Arachnopeon

- Tried to dig up the water dish (and when it realised I'd caught it in the act it just stood there and looked at me as if to say "Yeah? And what?".

I've failed as a parent.
Certainly seems that way most of the time. And the worst part? She did all her demolishing after I gave her a nice fat cricket which she munched on forever so now it seems like I'm rewarding bad behavior. Haha

Paiige

Arachnobaron

I've failed as a parent.
My A. genic has impressed me, what with all the water-dish-burying stories I've heard. She's never burrowed, never bulldozed, nothing.

Until about a week ago.

I thought hubby had dropped her deli cup, because all her substrate had shifted to one side, at an angle. It really looked like she had been knocked over...until I went closer for further inspection and, lo and behold, she's got a mouth full of dirt.

Whatever, I can deal.

Next day, water dish is gone and substrate is at the same incline, but on the other side. She's huddled up on her most damp patch of sub, so I pull out her water dish from the bottom of the dirt mountain, clean it and fill it. BEFORE MY EYES, she walks over to the water dish, sits in it for about two seconds, then proceeds to flip it over and dump out all the water. Climbs on top of the upended dish, turns around, looks me directly in the eye and stares me down.

Little @#$&%*@#$%