Halloween Tarantulas

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Let's hear your votes for some good Halloween tarantulas :D Enjoy! Our very own @Flexzone provided several pictures for this episode. Thanks for the help!

14pokies

Arachnoprince
It's already been established that P.irminia is the official Halloween Tarantula...

Thread is locked nothing to see here... Move along!

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
It's already been established that P.irminia is the official Halloween Tarantula...

Thread is locked nothing to see here... Move along!
I always do say that P. irminia is a ghost, so perhaps you're on to something. However, I'd never include such a boring spider on this list ;)

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I always do say that P. irminia is a ghost, so perhaps you're on to something. However, I'd never include such a boring spider on this list ;)
I figured you would say something like that.. Is there anywhere close to where you live that sells good taste? You could use a couple servings :mooning:...

Seriously though body structure alone makes this species look formidable... There temperament is comparable to rabid vampire and they are orange and black.. Nothing screams Halloween like P.irminia

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I figured you would say something like that.. Is there anywhere close to where you live that sells good taste? You could use a couple servings :mooning:...

Seriously though body structure alone makes this species look formidable... There temperament is comparable to rabid vampire and they are orange and black.. Nothing screams Halloween like P.irminia
In all fairness, it was on the short list to be included. I also considered P. murinus, A. geniculata, and something from Ceratogyrus. P. irminia got beat by G. pulchra, A. geniculata got beat by N. coloratovillosus, and Ceratogyrus got beat by E. murinus. I didn't include P. murinus because they're overhyped as it is. I really wanted to include an OW, but I just couldn't come up with anything creative.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
In all fairness, it was on the short list to be included. I also considered P. murinus, A. geniculata, and something from Ceratogyrus. P. irminia got beat by G. pulchra, A. geniculata got beat by N. coloratovillosus, and Ceratogyrus got beat by E. murinus. I didn't include P. murinus because they're overhyped as it is. I really wanted to include an OW, but I just couldn't come up with anything creative.
Damn it...Now I feel bad for mailing you a candy apple filled with razorblades:( Oh well whats done is done..

For an O/W you could of included P.metallica.. After all it's a pokie dressed up like Django:rofl:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
0.1 Ephebopus murinus. Halloween (yeah, the modern concept/time event I mean) is a U.S one, therefore that "skeletron bones legs" -- and btw that costume was pretty used in USA (see the first 'Karate Kid' lol) -- wins IMO hands down.

Glenn Danzig "Misfits" costumes? Pffff, 0.1 E.murinus legs :)

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I didnt watch the video seein' that I'm at work, but I hope you got some Hapalopus in there.

volcanopele

Arachnosquire
As far as monster spirit animals, I think my Tapinauchenius sp. Caribbean Diamond would make a good one for a vampire. It hates the sunlight or any bright light. I never see it out of its burrow during the day, unless it is getting fed. It usually progresses out of its burrow throughout the evening. It does all of its web engineering work while I sleep. If I shine a light near the tarantula cages, my other Ts could care less but my Tapi will go bolting for its hide.