Halloween heros babies

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I kept two of the plings from the original batch on the first page and they are sexually mature. They mated and now the plings are leaving the female. It looks like only 8. I had arizonensisXcastaneiceps plings but they all died. It's the only other experiment I'd try again. They may have died because of an accident I had back then, I could barely walk and had a kidney stone prob at the same time so I didn't take care of them like I normally would have.

female left, male on the right

chyguy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
awesome as always galpoheros :worship: keep up the great work later cheyenne

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Kind of got lucky really, I forgot about her and checked, never saw eggs, just saw her taking care of plings. I dug up a few more, so looks like there are 10. Going to see how they color up now.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
wow! awesome....looking good:clap:hey the female castan.that i got from ya awhile ago,and she's on eggs,didn't think they were fertile(she has molted in the past)well they are developing. amazing animals they are,good luck w/the plings.:)

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Maturation in 2.5 years. Wow! Do you live near a plutonium mine?{D My WC pling from summer '08 still hasn't hit 4".

Cool to see a new generation come from X's.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

wow! awesome....looking good:clap:hey the female castan.that i got from ya awhile ago,and she's on eggs,didn't think they were fertile(she has molted in the past)well they are developing. amazing animals they are,good luck w/the plings.:)
Further evidence for sperm retention?

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Maturation in 2.5 years. Wow! Do you live near a plutonium mine?{D My WC pling from summer '08 still hasn't hit 4".

Cool to see a new generation come from X's.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Further evidence for sperm retention?
that's what i'm thinking,had this happen with my bluerings aswell. it's very interesting that this can happen

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What has been unexpected is that they have more of a pure heros heros color so far, not as unusual as the original batch. I expected them to look just like the first batch, but so far they all have lighter terminals than the first batch did, like heros heros plings. Would it be strange if they all went back to the heros heros look? What would that imply, anything? Genetics is something I never had a knack for. But, have to wait longer of course.

Gem

Arachnopeon
What a superb thread very interesting read. Thanks for sharing :biggrin:

Spepper

Arachnodemon
Wow. I love millipedes... not so much of a fan of centipedes... (Because of their ability to give a painful bite and such) But those babies are cute in their own right, I must say. And the fact that they're kind of a crossbreed is too cool also!!:biggrin: