Halloween heros babies

Mike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Amazing work and amazing thread.Really interesting.
Mike

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nothing much going on, they are all still alive and healthy. I don't know if any will molt again until next year. But here's another pic anyway.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
OK! I was bored, something to do! Here are a couple of them, getting bigger. No eggs from the other X-bred females so far. Here's the deal on those bred females. There are 5 of them, 4 are CBs and one, the Sc arizonensis was WC. I've seen eggs pop up from Sc. heros pedes from May to July. Just moving along with the females, not feeding too much and no big prey. I think we'll see something out of 5 at least, I just have to wait. weeeeedogggy!

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wow. Soooo cool. Flipping through this thread has made me really want to delve into keeping 'pedes now.

Great pics Galapoheros, thanks for documenting this project.

szappan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awesome new pics! especially that one with the garnish... ;)

Thanks for the update! :worship:

gadunka888

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow! your pics are simply awesome especially the one with the green pede.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There isn't much difference with these pedes, except that they are bigger! There's the biggest one ...3.5"?

szappan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very cool!

Seems as though they're becoming bluer as they grow, nonetheless it's interesting to see that there are color variants even within the same brood.

Thanks for the update! :worship: :D

Now lets just hope for some more of your experiments to start laying eggs!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
OK I'm done with experimenting with this! I chose to put castaneiceps and arizonensis together, here are what the plings look like, should darken some later. I wanted to put these two varieties together since they have no known range boundary in common, to see any results. They don't look real remarkable, kind of what I expected. There are a few people that have first grabs at them but I may have some available after that, it just depends on how many those few people want. ....just conversation plings imo. It would be nice to get one more generation out of a pair though, for science.

The mom

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
wow,they look very cool:clap:very nice job. i would love to have 1 or 2 in my collection:drool: