Haitian giant escape!! help!!

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
so whear shold i look?? my rooms soo clutered *crumbled news paper on the floor from packageing, books, boxs ect ect on floor.*
i think ill never find it :( i wish i whear dead.

crashergs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i wish i were dead too, that is... before it bites!

good luck, id be scared as hell! :clap:

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
centie on the loose,not good:eek: just look threw everything,crumpled up newspaper is a very good place for it to hide,but ya gotta go threw everything,good luck.

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Consider some traps. Remember the post about the piece of chicken in the jar? You could try some moist hides with and without chicken.

I've heard it pointed out that these relatively blind creatures tend to follow the walls. Be sure to seal up under your door and place your traps along the wall.

Try the thing with a deep jar with a piece of chicken and some sort of ramp.

Also if you have any potted plants in the room, your pede will probably try to borrow in the soil if it gets the chance.

If your pede doesn't get to a moist spot it will probably dry up in a few days.

One other thing to try: Go into the room and shut off anything that makes a sound. If your pede moves, especially in newspaper, there's a good chance you'll hear it.

Good Luck!

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol i found her within 30 min of posting this.
i was about to leave to work*wow im acaly working during the day, YAY* and i had already given up finding it befor work, i had sealed my door thinking it cant have gone far. as my room has lots of hideing places. *crubled news papaer from packages on the floor, books, pices of wood even and empty plastic contaniers and boxs just laying around on the floor:p*
so i was going to stick to the serch of my room, and had begone it 3 hours befor woork*when i noticed he was gone*

any way as i was puting my keys into my pocket to leave to work, i heared my mom scream*justin i found it*
the lil guy had made it all the way into the liveing room, somehow evadeing 3 dogs, and up to 12 cats!!
mom mom had just steped on it! not crushing it but brushing the bottom of her foot aginst it.
in the end i traped it under a plastic contanier, and set it back into his place! right as i was walking out the door
was a bit late to work

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Awesome that you found it! That always feels good. Now wish me luck on finding one that got out in my house:( . It's that really big brown 9 to 10 inch S. h. castaneiceps I've posted pics of before. Unfortunately I think it is gone. I went and bought poster board and cut it in 6 inch wide strips and put them on the floor at the entrance of rooms and the hallway. Then I put a thin layer of flour on the strips and packed it smooth. I tested it with another pede. I had the pede walk across the flour on the strips to look at the pede prints. It's been 4 or 5 days now and no pede prints on the flour. It got out last year too but showed up in my house 2 months later. I think it had gotten outside and came back in because it was fatter than it was when it left. I had another pede that got out and I found it outside a few days later walking around. I've had strange luck. Well, hoping for a miracle here. Congrats on finding your pede!!

AlexG

Arachnopeon
I know its been a year since

but I wanna add something, about the fact that centipedes will dry after a few days...To make a shotrt story, I lost a young Scolopendra subspinipes from Barbados at about an inche and a half long in the basement. Believe it or not I found it 5 or 6 months later being sure it was dead dry somewhere.... no no no and you know what I had loose crickets eh! I got him at 4,5 inches long .....the 2 other ones I had from the same batch were at 6 inches fed once to twice a week lol.....I couldn't believe it! so dont think they are dead after a couple weeks...mine was tiny and still made it :p

on that

ciao!
Alex

MaartenSFS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wouw, you are all lucky. I had one escape on me just over two weeks ago and haven't seen a trace. But I live in a two room apartment. Surprisingly it's not that scary. I'll keep on the lookout for it, though. ;)

AlexG

Arachnopeon
hahahaha...your neibors will probably find it first... not good I hope for you no one in the building will get hurt! what kind did you lots?

GOOD LUCK

Alex

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you have to love them, pede 1/2" wide getting through hole 1/8". I remember waking up to a poly crawling across my chest one night, talk about being jumpy for a while lol. Glad you found it.
Rev

jettubes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
you know another good way to find them is put a damp towel on the floor over night. this worked for me. i had lost it for at least six months ;) . i found her curled up under it. she grew at least 3 inches in length. i was rapt thanks philk.

cheers
alex