hairs

gilly2k

Arachnopeon
any ideas i got haired by my g,rossa 2days ago and now my finger is the size of a jumbo sausage and is constantly throbin any ideas of creams or somate, anything

:? :? :eek: :eek: :?

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This might help

I feel bad that no one has gotten back to you. I've never been haired, but I've read that Benadryl is good stuff to use. I would try that.
The Rookie

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
I think I remember someone mentioning using a hydrocortisone cream. Not too sure on that though. Can anyone else confirm?

Scott

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I always use Calmine lotion to try and make the itching go away. As for the swelling I have no idea. Ibuprophen maybe?

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
With swelling like that it definitely sounds like you have a serious hair allergy. An antihistamine like Benadryl probably would be helpful. Hydrocortisone cream isn't a bad idea, either; if nothing else, it makes the itching more tolerable. Drinking a lot more liquids might help, too, by getting any irritants out of your system.

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Sorry dude. I'm one of the lucky few in this world who is immune to T's hair. In fact, I'm also immune to poison ivy. Right now, the only thing that I am not immune to, as far as the causations for allergic reaction, is myself. Remember some of my posts back a while ago when I said I almost died from a severe allergic reaction? Well, they finally found out that it was nothing external. My body started producing chemicals that, for some strange reason, my body is allergic to. I am now on constant medication until my body stops making the chemical.

bness2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hydrocortisone cream is probably best. Unfortunately, the non-prescription preparations tend to be on the weak side. If you can get a doctor to prescribe some stronger hydrocortisone cream, that is better. I have a real problem with poison oak (fortunately none yet with urticating hairs) and some prescription stuff I have works wonders.

If it gets real bad, go to your doctor and get a cortisone shot.

Bryan