Hair --------> No hair???

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey everyone, so yesterday my G. Rosea (the nice one) had hair on her abdomen, and she never kicked once, Well this morning when i woke up and looked at her she had 2 little patches one on the left and one on the right from kicking i would guess..... Do T's randomly kick sometimes? She hasn't eaten in a longggggg time, not because i don't feed her, but because she refuses food, i figure a molt and that was 2 months ago, i'm sure she will molt soon, but why would she kick? Her abdomen is a little dark, i can see it now because she kicked a bald patch, So.... anyone ever just wake up to a bald ass T? I'm thinking she did this because
1. random stress, or something
2. an itch? (can t's itch?)
3. Just losing hair because of the upcoming molt
4. I don't know
5. Do you know?

Thanks,
Mike

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well

probably kicked it, but
i've noticed on 2 Ts that fell from the top of the cage (the susbtrate was raised even MORE after that), i noticed bald patches... and I know someone else posted about their PZB having bald spots after falling, too..

so could be that.
could just be a rosea being a rosea.

good luck mike.
did you check out Animal's Place in Elizabeth -- amazing selection of Ts!

pce
dave

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey thanks Dave, I don't think it fell, the bald spots look like the hair was kicked out just by their shape but who knows. And about that store, i have never heard of the store but Elizabeth NJ is not to far from me, so i'm going to find out where this place is and make a visit! Thanks for telling me about it, i will definatly check it out, how are their prices? if you remember. Thanks.
Mike

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
dude.. its crazy..

prices aren't TOO bad, ($20 for Red Phases, but what can you do), but they've got amazing selection.. great pedes, scorps (REAL hot ones, since NJ has like, NO animal restrictions), and an amazing selection of Ts (Also Solfugids and Whip Scorps) --

are you near US1?

its a really cool store. Whenever i'm back in staten island,i always make a drive to Animal's Place.. its huge too... really big...

but watch out for this guy Josh.. he'll really bully you into buying many Ts. Last time i left, i walked out with 12 Ts... 8 slings and 4 adults for about $215 total :)

peace
dave

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok so i just did mapquest, from my city to elizabeth, so it's a little further away then i thought, oh well, an hour and 15 minutes, it's worth it for T's, but i'll call them first just to see what they have, but i'll probably go regardless of what they have, it will be a fun day. Now i have to set a date and plan a whole day of stuff to check out up there, while i'm there i should find some other cool stuff to see, anyway, thanks for telling me about the store.
Mike
- when i go there( it won't be real soon, but soon enough.) i'll let you know how it goes.

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Haha i can only be bullyed into buying them if i have money, haha which i don't! hahaahha but hey that awesome not to bad for prices, i really want to go now, i can't wait! :)
Mike
I wish i had a tarantula freind around here, i could bring them with me and we could be tarantulas dorks together, haha well out of all my friends only one of them has ever held one of my T's so maybe she would go with me, anyway it sounds awesome.
Mike
...... oh s**t :( I'd need someone 18 with me because, they can't sell animals for minors, blah, I'm 17 isn't that good enough for them, maybe my dumb mom can write a note or something, hahaha i'll call them and see if i could work something out!

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You say she's approaching a molt? That's your answer right there. :) T's sometimes line the ground-silk with their bristles before molting.

Atrax

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my rosea itchs with it's back foot on it's abdomen like a dog that could be the reason

Last edited: