Hair kicking Avics

Sadistic Haplo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Anyone have any hair kicking avics? I've recently acquired an Avic sp. who's an extreme hair kicker. Transferring her to her new enclosure was no fun, everytime I would gently prod her, she would kick hair to no end.

Attachments

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I have heard of Avics that kick on occasion. I believe that is a A. aurantiaca. I see a yellow band on the legs. Anyone else have an ID? Or does the OP know what it is? :confused:

bholmes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I swear I have read that avics couldnt kick their hair, they had to press or rub their abdomen on you? It was a while back so dont quote me on this!

kaydyn1512

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's not an Aviv avic but I'm not sure what she is. I've never seen nor heard of an Avic of any kind "kicking" hairs. Their delivery is very different than any other NW. They rub their abdomen on you to release the urticating hairs. Wow, that sounds like I'm telling you your wrong. Not my intention just my experience and knowledge.

Sadistic Haplo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That's not an Aviv avic but I'm not sure what she is. I've never seen nor heard of an Avic of any kind "kicking" hairs. Their delivery is very different than any other NW. They rub their abdomen on you to release the urticating hairs. Wow, that sounds like I'm telling you your wrong. Not my intention just my experience and knowledge.
Hey maybe that's what it was, but it was identical to my brachy's kicking at me {D{D

A little better look at her

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Hmmm what is worse the hair kicking or a bite? Cause i have to say ive had those hairs kicked on me before and it sucked lol

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have had an A. versi, A. purpea and A. sp. "peru purple" KICK hair.

most Avicularia dont kick. But some do, lets not forget that folks.

While species like A. avic, A. minatrix and most other tend to "rub" or "imbed" them into whatever they are waling on, those are still capable of kicking as well.