hahahahah read this!

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i posted this on my facebook.

wanting to buy some slings from a website. they charge 25$ overnight shipping. i want to buy several and am wonering if anyone else needs any so we can 'pool' the shipping since it's 25$ shipping for up to like 1000 slings. inbox me if interested [ps i'm in summerville]

one of my friends replies: "slings for what?"

thought it was kinda funny he's the link if you want to see it
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...20370&id=100001594478803&notif_t=feed_comment

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Aha that is pretty funny XD my entire friends list would most likely say the same thing, only T hobbyists i know are on this site lolz

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL! Yeah, I have an album of my inverts on FaceBook and had one as my avatar for a while but since my sister's (on my list) arachnophobic friend (not on list) was easily able to see it without trying, she flipped out.

"Why does your sister have a huge spider pic!? That is so terrifying!" Not her exact words but I had to censor the rest. {D

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Haha...I just made a photo album for my Ts a few days ago, and a friend of mine "liked" it. A family member of his (who is not on my friends list) commented with, "Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww." Facebook doesn't seem to be a very good place to discuss giant spiders.

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Haha...I just made a photo album for my Ts a few days ago, and a friend of mine "liked" it. A family member of his (who is not on my friends list) commented with, "Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww." Facebook doesn't seem to be a very good place to discuss giant spiders.
No it isn't, I just tag people i know that dont like spiders in pictures of my Ts so they go EWWW!. I Just noticed you live in Portland, OR. I Live about 1hour 45mins from there and was in a pet store 2 days ago on Broadway looking to buy a new T....but they were sold out. You have some awesome Ts Astraldisaster.

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No it isn't, I just tag people i know that dont like spiders in pictures of my Ts so they go EWWW!. I Just noticed you live in Portland, OR. I Live about 1hour 45mins from there and was in a pet store 2 days ago on Broadway looking to buy a new T....but they were sold out. You have some awesome Ts Astraldisaster.
I wish I had some "real life" friends that appreciated Ts, so there would actually be a point in posting pictures of mine on FB! At least my boyfriend doesn't mind them. That's cool that you live in the Portland area...I've only been here since last August. Is the pet store you're referring to Pets on Broadway? That's where I got my H. lividum. They're a decent store, but definitely not the best for Ts. House of Reptiles in Tigard has a better selection, and I believe they get most (if not all) of theirs from breeders. Although, they did sell me an "E. campestratus" that may actually be a G. pulchripes. :? Most of my Ts are from dealers on AB, but sometimes I can't resist a beautiful impulse buy spider, as long as it looks well taken care of.

web eviction

Arachnolord
Wow someone else from Oregon starting to think I'm the only one, I've gotten a few T's from the house of reptiles :D

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's so funny when you realize that there are spider geeks living 5 minutes away from you. I have bought nearly half my tarantulas from the manager of my local mcdonalds. Small world.

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
haha no, you don;t tag them in any picture...get a picture of a T eating and tag them as the food item {D

Imbrium

Arachnopeon
I have my OBT as my profile pic on fb. My friends all know I'm a weirdo so they just expect it. I mostly get a few "those are cool as long as they stay at your house" type comments. A few of my friends are really into them, but I'm the only one that has any. Well, I just got my bf a pink toe, but I'm sure I'll be it's main caretaker so I'm not sure that counts.

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow someone else from Oregon starting to think I'm the only one, I've gotten a few T's from the house of reptiles :D
Hehe, I was beginning to think the same thing! Are there any expos here, or would the closest be in Seattle? I don't have a car, so it would probably be too much of a hassle either way...just curious.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've starting recruiting my friends into getting T's so I can build a spider army. Mwahahahahaha.

So far, three of my friends have gotten T's. A fourth is impending. :)

web eviction

Arachnolord
Hehe, I was beginning to think the same thing! Are there any expos here, or would the closest be in Seattle? I don't have a car, so it would probably be too much of a hassle either way...just curious.
There was one in Wilsonville a couple months back I picked up a few T's