Hadrurus spadix question

edie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i bought a H. spadix last week and its been really restless.
it was in a small, shallow round container when i bought it and it kept moving around hitting the sides with its tail. i re-housed it in a large kritter keeper with more substrate and 2 hides, and it still just walks around hitting the walls with its tail.
my question is.. is this a problem? or are they supposed to act like this?
i have a H. hottentotta and i've had tons of AZ bark scorpions and they have never done this, so i'm just checking to see if this is normal behavior

here is a picture of it..

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sometimes it takes awile for them to get settled in and then again sometimes an old specimen starts to do that as well. Keep it dry and provide a small water dish and just keep an eye on it. About all you can do

edie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sometimes it takes awile for them to get settled in and then again sometimes an old specimen starts to do that as well. Keep it dry and provide a small water dish and just keep an eye on it. About all you can do
i have that all done, thank you

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
its normal....up until mine died, it wandered its lil tank every night. Once you give it a good sized container with substrate to dig, he will dig every night. They are just like that.

Enjoy it.

edie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
its normal....up until mine died, it wandered its lil tank every night. Once you give it a good sized container with substrate to dig, he will dig every night. They are just like that.

Enjoy it.
thanks :) i just didn't know if it could injure itself, its pretty loud, my cats jump everytime it does it