Hadrurus pallidus - fat or gravid?

Hiking Mike

Arachnopeon
I've been feeding him/her 3-4 crickets every two weeks, each feeding spread over a few days. I just want to make sure I'm not over feeding, or ready as possible for babies. Thanks in advance!

Shazz

Arachnopeon
It can only be gravid if either you mated it, or you bought as a WC from the pet store/breeder about a month or 2 ago. If its been longer than that, or its moulted since then, then it's probably just getting fat. Its hard to tell from those pictures but it just looks well fed, usually when theyre gravid the bulge is more obvious. Ive had alot of WC female scorpions who i, and even the breeders who sold it to me thought were gravid but ended up just being fat, it's hard to tell sometimes unless they're heavily gravid then it becomes more obvious.
But if shes WC and bought recently then be cautious and feed her regularly, she will eat like a pig if she's gravid, maybe move up to weekly feedings.

Hiking Mike

Arachnopeon
It is WC, I got it from pinchers and pokies about 2 months ago, so we'll see. Any prep I can do now in case I do get babies?

Shazz

Arachnopeon
No prep needed apart from keeping her well fed, when she finally does give birth (which can take upto 12 months) she will give birth to live young which will ride on her back for the first few moults, at that point you have to take extra care to minimise disturbing them, scorpions have a tendency to eat their young when stressed.