Hadrurus Arizonensis

Dessicata

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey

As you may know if you read my thread about my red clawed scorp, it passed away. I am wanting to carry on keeping scorpions as in a way they are intriguing, but i don't want another species with heavy humidity requirements. I like the look of H. arizonensis, and just had a few questions. First and foremost, can anyone point me in the direction of a detailed caresheet, i can only seem to find the same ones over and over, which arent really helpful. Secondly, how bad is the venom of this specie, as i have heard differing things about it (i should hope never to be stung, but you never know)? Finally, i have currently only seen them for sale in the UK for £28 (~$40-45) is this a good price or not?

Thanks, and sorry for such a long post, but im not the sort of person to rush into buying something.

Lee

P.S. For those who own this specie, could you please post pictures of your terraria setups for them? Cheers

Richard_uk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
£28 for A hadrurus in the UK is an excellent price! I paid £50 for mine. I would go out and buy it straight away, my Hadrurus is by far my favourite scorp. They have such a personality!

Dessicata

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

oh well, i think you were ripped off personally. Someone in belgium is giving me one for 20 euros, bout £13 including postage :)

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
WOW! That is expensive Richard. Over here they are, for obvious reasons, the most commonly available species next to emps and can be found for less than $10 US.

John
];')

Richard_uk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know I paid 'over the odds' for the scorp but it was a species I had been hunting for and wasn't going to pass on the opportunity of getting one! I have since found a place where I can get them for £27 but I still don't regret it! Well worth every penny.:)