Advertisement I just snapped a couple photos of my Hadrurus arizonensis for the purpose of counting their pectines. I placed them in a ziplock back and flipped them over. Taking in focus photos of them through the ziplock bag was a bit frustrating. Somehow I managed to take a photo of each. The photos won't win any awards, but they at least allowed me to count pectines. I'm seriously considering building a nice glass restraint setup the way Dave illustrated in an issue of Arachnoculture. I then opened up the photos with paint and clicked on each pectine with a dot as I counted it. I ended up with the following counts for each. 38 on one side and 39 on the other side. Verdict: Male 29 on one side and 29 on the other side. Verdict: Female. Female from above.