Hadrurus arizonensis, howcome it's..

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
..so hard to get in Europe? I've been on the lookout for quite a while now, but no Hadrurus arizonensis seem to be available for purchasing.

Any one know any sellers? Or importers? Or or or....?

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think the main reason is they are more expensive to import than sp. from africa and the captive breeding of this sp. is something that doesn't happen often and the practice of raising young is very hit and miss, so unfortunate. I had one for a few months but he's unfortunately died.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think the main reason is they are more expensive to import than sp. from africa
Well yes they are probably difficult to import from Africa since they are a USA species LOLOL:D
And yes they are difficult to breed from what I have been told. Darren of Golden Phoenix Exotica seems to be able to pull it off but of course he also lives in prime Hadrurus habitat so that would probably help ;)

CaptainChaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well yes they are probably difficult to import from Africa since they are a USA species LOLOL:D
I think that he ment that they are more expensive than species (sp) from Africa (he propably knows that it´s a U.S. species), atleast that´s what i read ;);P

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think that he ment that they are more expensive than species (sp) from Africa (he propably knows that it´s a U.S. species), atleast that´s what i read ;);P
Yeah I know, I was just trying to be a pain in the rear{D

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sometime in the near future, im going to arizona to hunt for these scorps, and appearantly they live in the same county as me right now.. so if i find some i would be willing to send u a few, that is if i'm able to get them out of the country and if ur willing to pay the pricey shipping.. but that right there is prob the reson u are having a hard time finding them where u live.. sucks to be u, the're running all over the place here ;P

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sometime in the near future, im going to arizona to hunt for these scorps, and appearantly they live in the same county as me right now.. so if i find some i would be willing to send u a few, that is if i'm able to get them out of the country and if ur willing to pay the pricey shipping.. but that right there is prob the reson u are having a hard time finding them where u live.. sucks to be u, the're running all over the place here ;P

Haha, well yes, probably :eek:

But I'm really happy to hear you saying that, it's very kind. I'd be interested to hear what shipping might come down to, and then make a decision. I'm guessing express is needed, but the package doesn't have to be that heavy right?

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Haha, well yes, probably :eek:

But I'm really happy to hear you saying that, it's very kind. I'd be interested to hear what shipping might come down to, and then make a decision. I'm guessing express is needed, but the package doesn't have to be that heavy right?
I looked up and the DHL site and it said about $60 US to ship it to you

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I looked up and the DHL site and it said about $60 US to ship it to you
That is some money, no doubt. And the shipping might prove too much for the scorps also. Hmm..We'll have to give this some thought. But thanks anyway in the meanwhile :worship:

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Probably because shipping would turn out to be of illegal means?
No import/export papers

xVOWx

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Probably because shipping would turn out to be of illegal means?
No import/export papers
Just what I was thinking, bad news for both parties, unless you both want to go through the trouble of getting the right liscences ect.

Rigelus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
IMO/E....If your're charged more than 35 dollars for USPS Express from USA to Europe then the seller is trying to have you over....:liar:

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
unless you have the proper permits it is illegal to ship outside of the USA and the reciever may have to have permits to recieve them as well depending on the laws of the countries involved. The price of the shippign is the least of your worries

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
IMO/E....If your're charged more than 35 dollars for USPS Express from USA to Europe then the seller is trying to have you over....:liar:
hmm well ive never used usps express to ship to europe but i have send global priority to UK and it took like forever to get there and cost me about 40 bucks best i remember with insurance. USPS is a poor way to ship anyway takes a weel to get priority shipments in the states to me and i cant even get express here not to mention its a fair drive to the post office. time is money

Rigelus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
USPS is a poor way to ship anyway takes a weel to get priority shipments in the states to me and i cant even get express here not to mention its a fair drive to the post office. time is money
Everythings relative...USA to Denmark 5 times with not one shipment taking more than 8 days to land on my door has been my experience of USPS Express..:D

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I always get express and never once has it taken more than 3 days. One from Arizona, Oregon, a few from Ohio, and from Kentucky. Maybe you just live in some out there place or planes don't goto your airport everyday. The density of an area will great affect how long shipping takes. On the international note, someone from Poland wants some slings of mine, and UPS says 90+ for 5 day up to 175 for next day, for a .75lb package, lol.