Hadrurus arizonensis Broods Update...

TCO

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I previously posted some success I had with captive born and bred Hadrurus arizonensis and wanted to share an update. I'm actually preparing to mate a couple more females as this is when they were bred last year with success.

Here is the link to the first thread:
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=186170

I had two females give birth. The first brood had some trouble with shedding. With the second female still gravid at the time, I wet her enclosure down pretty good to bump up the burrow humidity. All of the second female's babies shed perfectly. I think these scorps can handle and require higher humidity in their burrows than one may believe.

Here's some pics of the 2i...they're doing great...

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice, the babies look awesome.
I don't think I've ever seen pics of babies either, good work :worship:

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Cool, yeah this is the thread I was thinking of where I saw the scorpling on it's back, it looks like it molted there, not while on the mother. I have a female with one scorpling but walking around on the substrate at 1st instar in the chamber instead of being on the mother, maybe it's normal:? It looks like this might not be as hard as all the stuff we've heard about. Mine mated immediately. The dudes look nice and healthy there.

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Absolutely awesome good effort and thanks for posting.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
beautiful babies! glad to see you got them to molt!

Jorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
While the babies are amazing, your photography skills are phenomenal! Do keep us updated on the brood's progress. Very nice job and thanks for sharing.

tech

Arachnopeon
i second that, those are excellent photos. considering how small the subjects are.