• The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews & reports. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.

Hadogenes troglodytes

Stagger-Lee

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Jun 20, 2004
Messages
170
-stung once by a big adult female during a transfer
-initial pain was a combonation of a electrical shock that ran down my arm to the site of the sting and a stabbign pain level 4 on a scale of 1-10 (5 being bumble bee) that lasted roudn 5 minutes then faded to jsut the site of the sting beign sencitive to beign touched for a little while.
 

D4RK-3L3M3NT

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Joined
Sep 2, 2003
Messages
124
I got stung by my juvenile H. troglodytes while picking her up during one of my educational shows at the local musuem - the sting itself felt like a thumbtack's sharp end, but I believe it was rather dry. There was no itching following that nor did I feel any pain or annoyance.

This is the first sting I have ever experienced and has got to be the weakest.
 

Michael Jacobi

RETIRED/RARELY USE AB
Arachnosupporter
Joined
Mar 17, 2003
Messages
937
I personally have had absolutely no reaction to the sting of Hadogenes troglodytes. In fact, I have on several occasions demonstrated their reluctance to sting and the weakness of their venom by provoking repeated stings to my hand. No pain, no anything. I, of course, do not recommend anyone intentionally get stung by any scorpion, and was hesitant to admit to doing so myself, but have posted such info to further discussion on its venom. I find this species to be docile, very reluctant to sting, yet capable of a nice pinch. I also think its one of the best "pet" scorpions. But as troll's experience illustrates, different individuals react differently to different venoms and caution should always be exercised.
 

WorldTour

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
204
Stung on Sunday

I was stung this past sunday when my large female (8+" long) accidentally slipped of the top of my hand and I caught her with my other hand when i was removing her for monthly enclosure cleaning.

The sting simply felt like being poked with a needle and drew a couple drops of blood, afterwards the local area had a slight tingle/itch. No other pain or symptoms.

-Mark
 

D4RK-3L3M3NT

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Joined
Sep 2, 2003
Messages
124
Hadogenes troglodytes: STING REPORT

My first sting report; not sure if there's been a report elsewhere on this sp. but after browsing through the forum index I was unable to find any reports for Hadogenes troglodytes.

As some of you may already know, I must have posted a thread on this a while back and now am certain that I had been stung and managed to ignore it despite the symptoms.

The size of the scorpion is about ~3", while I was attempting to handle the little bugger during one of my exhibit shows at the museum in front of an audience of attendees. He manages to sting me while I looked away explaining how I should not threaten the scorpion in order to bring it onto my hand. The audience never saw it. I never thought I had been stung because I never really felt the actual "sting." However, days later I begin to remember because my index finger started to feel a bit sensitive to the touch of anything - no pain whatsoever - and I begin to get a lump that hardened over the next few days. Overall, the sensitivity lasted about 10 days for me. The sensitivity started about 24 hours after the initial sting. I received no medical attention. This is one example of a sting and I never even thought I had been stung.
 

senor ocho

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Joined
Nov 4, 2003
Messages
65
I must admit to a cavalier style attitude when dealing with Hadogenes troglodytes and Hadogenes species in general. Rather stupid I agree, but then no one ever said I was smart. No one even whispered it. :rolleyes: I've been stung by H. trog half a dozen times by individuals of varying sizes. All had no reaction beyond the initial pin prick. Generally I get stung while doing the "Out of the way, you" bit as I pick through imports at the local wholesaler. (Matter of fact H. paucidens nailed me 4 times one day in a span of 5 minutes. Nothing at all.) Now getting pinched by H. trog.....that's a whole different animal. Talk about ouch and crushed fingers.
I concur with Michael, Hadogenes species make excellent pet scorpions, and we still shouldn't take any venomous animal lightly.
-chris
www.krazy8sinvertebrates.com
 

LadyRiotControl

Arachnopeon
Joined
Jul 3, 2008
Messages
37
my experiance!

I was stung by a fully grown female H.Troglodytes when i was pregnant (about 4mth preggers) just felt like i had pricked my finger with a pin. Was cleaning out her tank and she was heavily pregnant too... hormones eh?!?!?! Think i was stung coz she was pretty peeved with me lol

no pain or muscular problems - it may as well have injected water the venom is that weak (enough to get a cricket stoned hehehehehe)

As for my son there were no complications with him.

i know there's not much to report here but with being pregnant at the time i thought it may be a bit of useful info!

Lady R
xxx
 

DavidE721

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
62
Hadogenes troglodytes sting (6-inch male)

While trying to move an approximately 6-inch Hadogenes troglodytes male yesterday afternoon, I was stung on the dorsal side of the middle segment of my middle finger on my right hand. The initial sensation was much like being stuck by a pin with a very slight warm sensation at the location of the sting.

The pain associated with the initial sting was about a 1 or 1.5 on a scale of 1 to 10. (I.e., 1 being nearly negligible and 10 being severe.) The slight sensitivity due to the sting was most noticeable during the first 5 to 10 minutes. The senstation disappeared within approximately 30 minutes after having been stung.
 

Andrew140932

Arachnopeon
Joined
Aug 6, 2011
Messages
24
I got bit by a 3inch flatrock and i didnt really feel anything until i woke up next morning i was washing my hair and it started to sting then i had looked at my hand and saw a small blister so i popped and it went away
 
Top