Hadogenes sp.

VinceG

Arachnobaron
My newest scorpion, my second. Quite aggresive, but still an awesome scorpion!
I'm sure it's an Hadogenes sp. , but which species is it? I personnaly think it's a Paucidens or Troglodytes

Chelicerae:

Telson:

Carapace:

Any tips on the care of Hadogenes sp? I know the basics, but would love to learn more!

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Most likely H. paucidens but definitely not troglodytes. As for care, just give it sand and plenty of thin crevices for it to hide between.

SixShot666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It's a Hadogenes Paucidens. I'm 90% sure that it's also a female.

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I love these guys, my female is aggressive too, gave both my wife and I a good pinch the other day lol. My male is so mellow though, I don't think I've ever seen him use his tail in the ~3+ years I've had him. H.paucidens is one of my absolute favorites.

I keep mine on a sand mix, pretty dry, plenty of rock hides. From what I understand these are Savannah dwellers for the most. At anyrate my male has been fine this way for over three years. I mist once every other week and fill the small water dish once a week. (I've only seen them drink maybe twice, they likely get their moisture from their food...) Granted they only eat once in a great while...my male has only taken food a dozen times or so since I got him and is happy and healthy. I've had roaches die in their enclosure of old age without being eaten...he often just pushes them away if they got near him...odd fella. :)