Hadn't osted this here, but look at the emp. size difference

bigtyler1025

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Haha you definitely have two forest females, and a savannah male, he just probably got ganged up on, one held him down while the other one ripped it to shreds!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Not sleepy right now:wall: . My take on it is that they are the same scorpion but have evolved in different environments long enough to have genetically affected their size. I guess behavior can evolve to be slightly different too, don't really know, maybe like all dogs are the same species but you can breed an attitude disposition into a dog. I have a forest emp that hooked up with a female savanna. I keep the smaller emps together but the big ones I have don't really like to hang with each other. I think "forest emp" is a common name for the big ones that come out of the rain forest, obviously, but it makes sense to me that there are probably all sizes in-between, between the forest and the savanna plains ...speculating again:eek:

Eclipse

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So breeding a Savanah emp with a Forest emp is out of the question then?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sorry, I didn't mean to give anybody that impression, I think it would work fine if each are ready to mate.

Malcara

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
im having trouble with the breeding part between the 2 sub-species i guess u could call em but i have never had emps rip each other apart. one time a few yrs back i had 13 emps random mix of males/females, savannah/forest, and sub-adult/adult. I had the ocassional tussle, but only if one backed into another or multiple went for same cricket that kinda stuff. it was a monstrous tank with a big cave for a hide that fit all of em and above the cave were rocks that were able to be walked on. Than there was a pond in the other corner on the same side as cave, wanted to do a waterfall, but never got around to it. The other half of the cage was just some plants and walking space with a couple of small hollow logs that could fit a few scorps a pc. but they insisted on being together. I had this setup for 2 years only one death from old age, no babies though maybe to crowed for mating not sure there was plenty of walking space. If you took everything out of the cage and made ground perfectly flat and spread the scorps evenly apart there was about 10 inches of space between them. I donated the setup and critters to local Zoo when i didnt want em anymore. They had it on display in there African section for about 10 months, but got rid of them. was a bummer there was always a crowd around it. I love the terrarium decorating as much as i love the critters themselves im always rearanging.