Had first molt with avic.

newscorpionowner

Arachnopeon
Excited to say my avic molted the night before last. I didn't even notice her molt pushed into the corner of her enclosure until later but her legs looked wickedly darker, but I politely removed the molt and left her to her duties. Is there a thread someone could link with sexing tips. Also do you guys keep your past molts. It's really cool and all together. mostly.. but I wonder how to maintain it better as a piece of the leg on the molt broke off. I celebrated with cigars and drinks! Also should I wait to offer some food? She had refused a cricket I had put in about a week before (maybe less), I removed it cause she clearly wasn't interested. Just wondering if she might need a few days for the molt to fully harden or just 24hrs. First molt, sorry!

Attachments

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Give it a week before you feed it. Water is all it needs. I like to water jubeniles by slightly misting, the silk and sides of enclosure especially Avics

scooter1685

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congrats! Feels exciting watching them grow, especially as the colors develop. I've been excited about every molt so far, lol.

Like Vanisher said, give it a week before you feed it but keep water available.

newscorpionowner

Arachnopeon
She looks amazing, hope it's female anyways., She webbed up a little bit in the previous set up she was in but I hadn't noticed until I had already moved her over. But things went well I guess lol. She was just getting settled down in her first enclosure but it didn't have proper ventilation (imo) so ended up moving her to this one. I plan on leaving her be for a week then I'll try feeding her a few dubias. I have a bottle cap in the bottom of her enclosure as a water dish I make sure is full, do you think I should do something else?