Had an awesome time at Repticon in Houston!

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Thanks for sharing these pictures. Regardless of the prices, I still want to go to a show bad. I will probably go to the one in Atlanta. I chose not to go to the local one in Greenville because it was all reptiles.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Is that $300 for the G. pulchripes???????

What size is it?
First thing I thought, too. Even a full grown female shouldn't be that much, and it only looks to be 5" or so. I better be able to ride it to work for a $300 pulchripes.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I'm glad even you Americans think those prices are ridiculous. 245 for a GBB....:rofl:
C.sp.Electric Blue or T.seladonia go for that kind of rates here. Or mature females of T.blondi.

@Moakmeister glad you had fun though! I always get uncomfortable at expos, i'm not very good with large masses of people. Everybody is pushing and pulling to get a good look.
I prefer mailservice :D

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Is that $300 for the G. pulchripes???????
What size is it?
For 300 bucks that thing needs to be the size of a hubcap. I wonder if they suckered someone into buying any of those.

Last edited:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Really? Up there a female GBB goes for more than 240 USD? I didn't realize the pricing was that skewed. I have one that is bigger than that one and I bought it for 60 USD (which is a really good deal down here).
yup, for a 3" too... thats the only time ive ever even seen a female for sale. it does come from a dealer that loves to overprice things to the point of stupidity though, they dont really have any competition. at least in terms of females. they had a AF versi for 300 when i saw them last. :meh:

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
yup, for a 3" too... thats the only time ive ever even seen a female for sale. it does come from a dealer that loves to overprice things to the point of stupidity though, they dont really have any competition. at least in terms of females. they had a AF versi for 300 when i saw them last. :meh:
That GBB was like six inches bro. Not 3.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
That GBB was like six inches bro. Not 3.
Maybe that isn't such a bad deal (depending on its age).

I haven't seen any female GBB's for low prices, but I haven't looked for one really. I already have four slings so my investment is there. I do see one right now for an online tarantula retailer for $200 for a 2.5" female (add shipping and it will probably be $240).

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon

I haven't seen any female GBB's for low prices, but I haven't looked for one really. I already have four slings so my investment is there. I do see one right now for an online tarantula retailer for $200 for a 2.5" female (add shipping and it will probably be $240).
And I think its been there for that price for a while now... that unnamed website has some really good deals sometimes. Other times not as much.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Well at least all the prices weren't ridiculous. The AF A. chalcodes was only 65 dollars.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Well at least all the prices weren't ridiculous. The AF A. chalcodes was only 65 dollars.
I would have picked up that lady!
And I recognize the handwriting on that Chaco, I believe that vendor was at the NE Expo as well. I don't believe they sold much lol. If it's the vendor I'm thinking of they were quite pushy and grouped their table "beginner-intermediate-expert" with Avics in the expert section and a huge P. irminia in the beginner section. I was told Psalmos are "quite boring and easy."

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lucky you. Where'd you manage to find a male gbb? I've been looking everywhere!
I posted a wanted ad here. He is not mature just yet. His condition, I doubt it'll be much longer before he molts and matures out. Hopefully all goes well with the breeding and he don't become a snack!

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I would have picked up that lady!
And I recognize the handwriting on that Chaco, I believe that vendor was at the NE Expo as well. I don't believe they sold much lol. If it's the vendor I'm thinking of they were quite pushy and grouped their table "beginner-intermediate-expert" with Avics in the expert section and a huge P. irminia in the beginner section. I was told Psalmos are "quite boring and easy."
he had quite a few slings, some scorpions, a centipede, a vinegaroon, and the smithi and auratum in that other picture were on his table.

Trenor

Arachnoprince

I got one I'll sale you for 240. They don't lay gold sacks. :p

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Oh yeah were you there? A lot of people had shirts :(
I was there with a shirt on, just as promised!

I guess it is called repticon for a reason... when oh when will someone start up a tarantucon??? In the meantime I guess I'll stick with the classifieds section.