Had an awesome time at Repticon in Houston!

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Hey guys! Repticon was a total blast. Got to have some entertaining conversations with people who were buying their first tarantulas and some snake handlers! Here are some of the pictures from today. Btw I didn't pick anything up.

Attachments

Last edited:

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
But did you get any new tarantulas?
Didn't pick up anything today. Will be looking to get another tarantula at the start of the summer. What I DID do though was have a bunch of conversations with people who wanted a tarantula and I pointed them in the right direction. One guy, who was a snake collector, wanted to get a T. stirmi as his first. I was like "buddy boi, forget about it. That ain't gonna work out for ya. Now THIS *picks up A. geniculata* seems more your speed, if you want a big mean T."

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
And the C. lividum looks like it was in a swamp :wideyed:

Not the best prices. Don't let this expo ruin your opinion of them. I'm glad you had fun though! Nice show of self restraint!

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
And the C. lividum looks like it was in a swamp :wideyed:

Not the best prices. Don't let this expo ruin your opinion of them. I'm glad you had fun though! Nice show of self restraint!
Yeah the lividum actually was in a deep puddle of water. And one of the vendors actually took a tub out of my hands and told me not to pick it up WHILE his coworker was holding a tub to show to a customer. And the self-restraint thing is just kinda meh. I'm not in a rush to get more, though I would LOVE another one.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Glad you enjoyed it. I got a couple of business cards and a couple of pieces of cork, but thats it.

Pricing was definitely not the best... there was the "show special $50 goliath birdeaters" but I assumed it was just a stack of males.

My son absolutely loved looking at all the animals so that was enough for me!

Attachments

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was going to go to this today. Sick kid, sick wife, sick me. Kind of killed it. The drive and walking around to turn around and drive again. Sucks. Plus I had to be here to sign for a male GBB that came in the mail today. Meh. Maybe next time.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Glad you enjoyed it. I got a couple of business cards and a couple of pieces of cork, but thats it.

Pricing was definitely not the best... there was the "show special $50 goliath birdeaters" but I assumed it was just a stack of males.

My son absolutely loved looking at all the animals so that was enough for me!
Yeah, I like just seeing what they have. It's a lot of fun. The one in Raleigh often has booths from the raptor and animal rescue societies which do cool talks and exhibits. Other than the Charlotte show it's the biggest one around here.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Those prices are still better than CAN:banghead::embarrassed:
@EulersK yeah yeah, keep laughing Americans, one day...
Really? Up there a female GBB goes for more than 240 USD? I didn't realize the pricing was that skewed. I have one that is bigger than that one and I bought it for 60 USD (which is a really good deal down here).

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
I was going to go to this today. Sick kid, sick wife, sick me. Kind of killed it. The drive and walking around to turn around and drive again. Sucks. Plus I had to be here to sign for a male GBB that came in the mail today. Meh. Maybe next time.
Lucky you. Where'd you manage to find a male gbb? I've been looking everywhere!

Really? Up there a female GBB goes for more than 240 USD? I didn't realize the pricing was that skewed. I have one that is bigger than that one and I bought it for 60 USD (which is a really good deal down here).
Well $245 is a bit much for sure, but a $60 female is a steal!