Hack my Hobby

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Feel free to post the study that says T's get those minerals from their prey.
I'll look and see if there is any literature if you'll do the same regarding T's needing micro nutrients from water specifically.

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
I'll look and see if there is any literature if you'll do the same regarding T's needing micro nutrients from water specifically.
I never made any claims that T's needed micro nutrients from water. I stated that distilled water removes those via the distillation process. Scientific fact.
The truth is no one knows anything about nutritional requirements of T's. For all we know they might eat small amounts of dirt to get those minerals just like many other animals do. Highly doubtful though.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
I never made any claims that T's needed micro nutrients from water. I stated that distilled water removes those via the distillation process. Scientific fact.
The truth is no one knows anything about nutritional requirements of T's. For all we know they might eat small amounts of dirt to get those minerals just like many other animals do. Highly doubtful though.
Sounds like we both agree that not enough is known about nutrition requirements for tarantulas, we just fall on opposite spectrums on whether the minuscule amount found naturally occurring in water is significant.

Ic4ru577

Arachnoknight
You need 2 additional skills to succeed in keeping T: roach/cricket herding and tetris. Bring out that poking stick. Dont forget to increase your spatial awareness so you can stack more Ts.

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
1. You can use your roach colonies to euthanize your dead or mismolted invertebrates
2. Roach colonies are an absolute lifesaver for 10+ ts
3. Don’t ever pass up discounts on deli containers, enclosures, etc
4. Always go for express, especially in winter(especially helpful if you’re impatient like me)
5. Having tongs and catch cups on hand is always helpful
6. If you’re in a tight cash situation, avoid expos 100%