habitat fell Tatantula on her back for 3 days

thebigh33

Arachnopeon
hi,
I'm New here, I have a female Brachypelma smithi that I have had for 14 years. one of my cats knocked the habitat off the my dresser and broke it. My cats have never been interested in the tarantula in all these years, this was a freak accident. My Tarantula did not appear to have any injuries' that I could see. no liquid leaking. she has been in a molting position for 4 days now and I don't believe she ready to molt. I'm really freaking out and don't know what to do. has anyone experienced anything like this?

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Can you clarify, It has been on its back for 4 days and trying to molt?? Has its carapace popped? IT may hhhave suffered internal injuries and be dead if its been on its back for 4 days.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
You have had it for 14 years?.And this is the first time "molting",has taken 4 days,correct.
T,s don't take 4 days to molt.If they did,they would have been extinct millions of years ago.
Something else is going on,not sure what to tell ya.

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Doesn't sound good. Sounds like the spider may have had internal injuries and is trying to "stress molt". Nothing much you can do in this case, although to help the spider as much as possible you can try dribbling a little bit of water directly onto the spider's mouth. If it drinks it down, give it a little more. Sadly, beyond that it's just a waiting game and the odds are poor.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Sounds like it is dying to me. They don't take 4 days to molt. Likely irreparable internal injuries.

joossa

Arachnobaron
More details needed...
Has it been on it's back ever since the accident or did it flip over sometime thereafter? How many days passed between the accident and her flipping onto her back?

When was her last molt?

Was it a glass enclosure? Did things inside get thrashed around? I assume so?

thebigh33

Arachnopeon
More details needed...
Has it been on it's back ever since the accident or did it flip over sometime thereafter? How many days passed between the accident and her flipping onto her back?

When was her last molt?

Was it a glass enclosure? Did things inside get thrashed around? I assume so?
She flipped over 24hr later I think it has been about 9 months since her last molt. She was not showing any pre molt signs.
Yes it was glass

thebigh33

Arachnopeon
This likely shows that it suffered serious internal injuries, and immediately tried to molt to molt out of the injuries and fix itself. This is not good news, it will likely die, if its already taking 4 days, the injuries may have been so severe.
that's what I was thinking but I was hoping for some good news stories.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
that's what I was thinking but I was hoping for some good news stories.
Sorry sometimes they are able to do this successfully, but your 4 day time table is the concerning part. If you can give it water hhydration is likely the only thing you can do at this point to help. And it is super important to find out if the carapace hhas already popped, (as in it began to molt), or if it is unpopped and just on its back. Thhis will determine the outcome pretty quickly.

Emi248

Arachnoknight
Cats cats cats, protagonists of emergency threads, Hopefully your T does it, but the fall and results do sound heavy.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
She flipped over 24hr later I think it has been about 9 months since her last molt. She was not showing any pre molt signs.
Yes it was glass
So...now it’s acting normally?.Is it taking prey down?.Pictures always help,but if you can’t,understood.

thebigh33

Arachnopeon
Unfortunately and not surprisingly she had passed by time I got home from work. Thank you all