Habitat and species

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Awesome Centruroides vittatus in Hill Country- Medina, Texas.

9C6E83B0-4AF2-4539-AF65-91AB47DED329.jpeg 5EE9D0A5-3DAF-4046-B8EF-7C2E5CBA786A.jpeg 27D04548-54FC-47CE-889C-171C6E419C76.jpeg

GordoOldman

Arachnoknight
Centruroides vittatus is a good one here in the US...widely ranging naturally and utilizing so many different habitats as well as introduced populations far outside of their naturally occurring range!
New Mexico habitat shots for C. vittatus, and one female interupted eating a moth when a rock she was under was lifted...

Attachments

GordoOldman

Arachnoknight
Smotzer, I loved the showing the tree you found that C. vittatus in, highlights the arboreal tendencies of so many Centruroides.

Hoping we see a wide array of taxa and localities posted from all over the globe.

Thought I would add another, Uroctonus mordax. If you will, parden the horrible attempt at astrophotography from the top of a ridge while looking for Uroctonus mordax, it is included due to scorpius the constellation being visible in it (a complete failure of an attempt to capture the milky way!).

Uroctonus mordax, a species that in much of its range lives in the wettest environs of any species so far as we know.

Attachments

GordoOldman

Arachnoknight
Centruroides sculpturatus.

The diversity of habitats and phenotypic expression of these guys makes them amazing in their own right, being medically significant as well as extremely prolific is just another layer of interesting to researchers and keepers!

Attachments

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
I've got plenty of scorpion photos but few habitat shots...likely because I find the most scorpions when I go black lighting, which means getting landscape photos is nigh on impossible.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Nice one. Later when I have time I'll look trough my travel photos for some nice species and habitat shots.