H.troglodytes projec

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
2 beautiful H.troglodytes just arrived via mail! they are beleived to be adults. once they get settled in for a week or 2, going to try and get them to mate. a great addition to many other on going projects! any tips and breeding advice welcome!

Attachments

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
People go crazy for these flat rocks lol the tail is HUGE deal breaker for me. They look awesome until the end.. I can't get them to grow on me lol but the pygmy versions look kinda cool

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
yeah the tail looks a bit silly, but i find it very interesting that they didnt develop large pedipalps like Pandinus sp, given that they lack strong venom. they are very docile, i think thats what makes people want them.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
They still have decently large ones . Yea I see these are super docile almost more then Emps it seems like. Big ol sluggs. I almost wouldn't mind owning the mini me . Probably will never own the giant. I'll be at the Expo in a few months I'm sure these will sell like hot cakes there

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Same! Found a male a month or so ago, and hopefully my pair breeds too :D My fav species, they are aweome scorps. Do you have any plans on the size of tank they'll be breeding in? I'd worry about space and aggression, since they are pretty massive scorps ;)

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
They still have decently large ones . Yea I see these are super docile almost more then Emps it seems like. Big ol sluggs. I almost wouldn't mind owning the mini me . Probably will never own the giant. I'll be at the Expo in a few months I'm sure these will sell like hot cakes there
what do you mean the mini ones?

Same! Found a male a month or so ago, and hopefully my pair breeds too :D My fav species, they are aweome scorps. Do you have any plans on the size of tank they'll be breeding in? I'd worry about space and aggression, since they are pretty massive scorps ;)
i wont be housing them communially i heard they can be very cannabalistic. ive got 1 male and female, and one juvinile female. so well see what haplens

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
what do you mean the mini ones?

i wont be housing them communially i heard they can be very cannabalistic. ive got 1 male and female, and one juvinile female. so well see what haplens
I mean for breeding :) How will you keep them so that they mingle with each other without eating one another in the process?

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Sorry I was referring too "liocheles australasiae" completely different but looks very similar, I'd totally buy one lol

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
I mean for breeding :) How will you keep them so that they mingle with each other without eating one another in the process?
im going to make sure they are well fed and introduce the male into the females enclosure. ill just watch them carefully for signs of aggresion, and of all goes as planned there will be some tail wagging and they will dance around.

soldierof4cheese

Arachnoknight
I am going tonight to look at some that just arrived at a local pet shop. Definitely my favorite scorp, hopefully they have some Hadrurus Arizonensis also.. Great looking Trogs you have..

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Those chela/pinchers can fool you, nature packed a vice grip into those things! I've also seen some females bigger and heavier than your average imperator and when they heat up a bit, they often aren't so docile, not over here anyway. I get a little fascinated with the strange and unique and the trogs fit that for me. I think it was few decades ago when I saw my first one in a store and couldn't believe it was still there, "Why would people pass this thing up?". But I passed it up haha, too stressed to keep stuff like that at the time.

soldierof4cheese

Arachnoknight
definitely worth picking up!
I was at a reptile expo last month and they had Flat Rocks for $20.00 each, I wanted to get a couple but I haven't gotten my en-closer done for them yet. My AFS have taken the Trog tank that I was making, plus I have to make hoods for everything.

brolloks

Arachnobaron
Those chela/pinchers can fool you, nature packed a vice grip into those things!
You are definitely correct about that!
A funny thing happened to me once, I was about 10 years old. My brother had I caught a fairly large Hadogenes spp and I was carrying it in my hand on my way to show my mother when it decided it had enough and pinched my little finger, it got me between the nail, in the little groove and was not letting go. It was so painful that I actually started crying. :rolleyes: My bro ran and asked my mother what to do since it was not letting go of my hand and the more I pulled the harder it would pinch. She told us to pour cold water on it and BAM just like that, it released me :rofl: