H. troglodytes molting?

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
My flatrock (about 3") has started coming out of his rock hide way ore often. He also hasn't been eating, so I expect premolt. I was just wondering if they come out of their rock crevices to molt, since they would need space. I will post a pic in another post.

Thanks, Abyss

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
This is his enclosure. The temp gauge is just to make sure he isn't super cold at any one time. I keep him in the dark, so that could also be why he is out.

Attachments

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They most likely stay in crevices and under rocks in the wild to molt but they do tend to clean up an area of for molting, getting rid of sharp little rocks, anything that might cause harm or get in the way. I have CBs that are adult now and so I've watched them do this.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks normal to me. Premolt or gravid they will swell up and be much fatter than that. Just looks healthy to me! :)

Looks to be an adult female. If not an adult, then one instar off! Also, that is an H. paucidens, not a troggy. :(

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
"If not an adult, then one instar off!"

I laughed when i read this, that last instar will last like 15 years with Hadogenes, god they are slow -_-