H. Spinifer sexing

Mel92

Arachnopeon
Hi all, is there a chance anyone can sex this little guy? Hes meant to be a heterometrus spinifer, not sure if hes an adult yet but i think he is. Hes a very good eater better than my adult male heterometrus cyaneus Spock. Not the best of pics but can try and get more if they arnt good enough. Thanks
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Lorenzo Benevento

Arachnosquire
I'd say male! But really, don't trust me! Just wait for someone who knows something more! Pretty sure someone will sex it for sure!

Mel92

Arachnopeon
Thanks, was thinking male but not good at sexing myself

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Some Heterometrus species are hard to sex out going by the operculum, diff shapes on the same sex sometimes. There are pics on the internet. I think this is a true H. spinifer btw, not petersii sold as spinifer here in the US so often. For curious people, go look at the petersii recently posted that were sold as spinifer and then look at this one. The most obvious is the shine, never will see that on petersii. There are other shiny Heterometrus but that shine is just not there on petersii. Here's a good description of sexing them out http://skorp.io/caresheet/heterometrus-spinifer-ehrenberg-1828-jeroen-kooijman-2008

Mel92

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the info really helped. Think he is deff a male looking at the pics on the link.