H. Pulchripes liquid around mouth

Arborealguy1990

Arachnopeon
So my H. Pulchripes was threat displaying and slapping and trying to bite like crazy when I was trying to open the enclosure to feed, then I noticed some liquid around the mouth and fangs is this normal? Looked orange but i think it was just clear liquid that looked orange against her golden hair, I thought maybe venom or water it regurgitated?

Craig73

Arachnoangel
My H. pulchripes did this months ago when I rehoused it. Noticed it when it threat posed me and thought it was venom. Turned out to be the grooming liquid stuff (that’s as technical of language as it gets from me). Nothing to worry about.

Arborealguy1990

Arachnopeon
My H. pulchripes did this months ago when I rehoused it. Noticed it when it threat posed me and thought it was venom. Turned out to be the grooming liquid stuff (that’s as technical of language as it gets from me). Nothing to worry about.
Ok thank god lol im 31 been keeping tarantulas since I was 16 but this is my first H pulchripes and none of my other T's have done it or at least i haven't ever seen them do it lol ok thnx man i thought she injured herself somehow

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Thnx for the help man I appreciate you
Anytime. When it happened to me it took me by surprise. Mine hated the rehousing and it‘s time to do it again when it recovers from molting. 😳. Be interesting if it does this again.

Arborealguy1990

Arachnopeon
Anytime. When it happened to me it took me by surprise. Mine hated the rehousing and it‘s time to do it again when it recovers from molting. 😳. Be interesting if it does this again.
Ya mine was wrn i was trying to feed her she was just being crazy running all over so i thought she hurt herself somehow but there's no signs of any damage or anything on her lol thank goodness

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Sounds like digestive fluid, used for grooming purposes.