H. Pulchripes gone black after molt

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Yeah. Give it around a week or two. If it’s a male, then they bend to mature out darker.

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
Judging by the picture, all the hairs where the leg segments are black came off during the molt. Without the hairs, all tarantulas are shiny black like a trapdoor spider. It will be back to normal after the next molt.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
My H. pulchripes have only molted three times in my care, which is supposed to mean that my experience is limited. But in my case the coloring was always most intense after the molt, the animals are now about 3cm long ... I would check the sex again to be sure.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
My H. pulchripes have only molted three times in my care, which is supposed to mean that my experience is limited. But in my case the coloring was always most intense after the molt, the animals are now about 3cm long ... I would check the sex again to be sure.
This species will lose the blue off of its legs in molt as it matures. Weeks later the blue comes back. When my female was much smaller in the sling stage, she would have that vibrant blue right after she molted. As she matures, it took longer to fill in. Only time the blue fades and doesn’t come back is when it matures out into a male. AA0DB22C-21AC-4B42-B833-439CF64F8C1D.jpeg

Charles Dubois

Arachnosquire
She is 100% adult female, so i’ll see if in a week or so she will give me those stunning blue colors! Thanks for the input guys ;)

CradilyKing

Arachnopeon
My H. pulchripes molted about 2 days ago and her blue leg coloration has gone completely black! Will the blue come back?
This is totally normal they undergo weird colour changes when molting immediately after they kinda look white then they go black for about a week then their natural blue colour begins to creep back in and in about another week there back to normal. Honestly I think the black looks really cool on them like the pitch black and goldish combo looks great.